The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Fond Rdt Memories

Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

This was a great forum. Even though we will be moving it will still be a great group of people.

I remember Tim and his elantra and everybody that dealt with his "business" have a mess of problems. Myself included. Still have a PRS-4 in my car that is nothing more than a paper weight.

Wow now I am sad that I still haven't finished that project in like 5 years.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Jul 13 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Remember the car falling off of the jack onto Viper at Nopi Nationals?

Remember what he was wearing?</div>

Remember what happened to Viper's car on the way down to NOPI Nationals?!?!?!?!?!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hahahahahahah!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 AM

Wow. I have to post here considering I’ve visited this site pretty much everyday since I joined. I loved this site, and a part of me is upset to see it go. It's going to be like not having a morning coffee that's how routine RDT has been for me.

I never posted a lot but will defiantly miss the old girl! Cheers everyone.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Wow, alot of good memories have been posted. I will have to check out those videos when my wife is not around! I vaguely remember running down the road through the neighborhood. My first Korean car was my 2001 Kia Sephia. I registered at Hyundai Performance and was amazed at all of the "support" for the Tiburon. I eventually bought my 1999 RD and realized that there was not quite as much support as I had thought. On HP the forum area for the RD was called RD Tiburon, thats where the name came from. One of the most consistent supporters of the RD on HP was Red Zman, so after I got the site pretty much setup I sent him a message and told him to check it out and asked if he wanted to help admin it. Then the legend was born, lol. I definitely will miss the site. It took a lot of our time and patience, but the memories and the good times will be with us forever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek @ Jul 15 2010, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, alot of good memories have been posted. I will have to check out those videos when my wife is not around! I vaguely remember running down the road through the neighborhood. My first Korean car was my 2001 Kia Sephia. I registered at Hyundai Performance and was amazed at all of the "support" for the Tiburon. I eventually bought my 1999 RD and realized that there was not quite as much support as I had thought. On HP the forum area for the RD was called RD Tiburon, thats where the name came from. One of the most consistent supporters of the RD on HP was Red Zman, so after I got the site pretty much setup I sent him a message and told him to check it out and asked if he wanted to help admin it. Then the legend was born, lol. I definitely will miss the site. It took a lot of our time and patience, but the memories and the good times will be with us forever.</div>

Yeah, so I watched the video. LOL! You don't often get to see me in that state. The funny thing is I remember the conversations that were going on now that I watched it. Another fond memory of the site is getting to go to my first ABQ BBQ. I didn't have the money for a plane ticket so everyone chipped in and got me there! How often does that happen? I can think of at least three instances that the members of this forum chipped in to get someone somewhere or help people through hard times.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Have to make this quick.

I did see the pics on Socks' account. Some were nice, some were... ugh!

I remember paying Tim for a manifold. Got it 8 months later.

Payed Flyryde for a hood. Got it like 18 months later. lol

Payed Flyryde for traction bars. Don't remember how long those took.

Had a lot of good and bad memories, but I'm glad everything will move over to HA. I hope every member does too!

Goodbye RDTiburon.com!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek @ Jul 15 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Another fond memory of the site is getting to go to my first ABQ BBQ. I didn't have the money for a plane ticket so everyone chipped in and got me there! How often does that happen? I can think of at least three instances that the members of this forum chipped in to get someone somewhere or help people through hard times.</div>
Aside from the thousands of dollars we fronted to help with product development and manufacturer woes...

I can remember at least three situations off the top of my head where members financially supported other members:
Your plane ticket to the ABQ BBQ
Helping another member pay for school
and supporting another members' family with the tragic death of his sister in a car accident.

Some sad memories, some hilarious, and some frustrating, but all have contributed to the environment and community that we enjoy. I hope that all members continue to bring that feeling of comradery as we migrate to a different location. I really don't want to lose members due to this change - it's meant to envigorate and renew the community, not disperse it.

Thank you, DTN, for starting this thread.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

By far a sad time for RDTiburon, but we all knew it would come to an end. No lets join up in this new forum and run it crazy with RD stuff. Show them that the members of this site enjoy their cars and having fun more than anybody else.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

^^You said it man!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow, you guys really brought back some good memories. The spirit of comradery is what I loved about this place.