The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Fond Rdt Memories

Old 07-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm hopeful that after the merger, there will be more people online late night /early morning to keep Domi, mwood, and the rest of the night crew entertained.

While there are these wonderful fond memories of RDT, the same people will exist on the new website. We'll just have more people and more opportunities to add to our fond memories. I'm not going anywhere... I'm picking up my Genesis Coupe tomorrow, so there's another 10 years I just dedicated to the Hyundai online community.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

RDT was a great community! I am going to miss the exclusiveness, it felt more like a club than an open forum. You guys are awesome and really informative.
Sucks that just now I began modding my current tib, always wanted to take COTM some day tongue.gif

I will miss the exclusiveness but at HA there is the potential to reach a broader audience, plus there are a number of elantra guys (stocker) that add much to the already lush RD knowledge base. End of a great era, but not end of the road by any stretch.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

One of my best memories is when Tibbychick posted her sexy almost full nude pics and someone discovered to OTHER pics on her photobucket account.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

MANY pics have been discovered through members' unsecured photobucket accounts. lol....
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

damnit Liz!!!

in the sport of all things since we are reliving memories....repost all said pics,lol.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Domi @ Jul 13 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>oh man, I miss those days! And it's so true lol
We had quite a few good years on here! Gonna miss it</div>

Something about wooden shoe holidays and all that. Of course 7am EST was afternoon/quitting time in europe. And yes finding NVS or just about anyone online at anytime.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What to say? My first staff job outside of the Service. I'll never forget the love, and pain that has been felt here.

I pushed too hard a lot, and lots of that is from personal issues. I'm a redhead, and for those of you that know one or are one, you know it's not an excuse, it's a reason. We had a lot of successes here, and some failures.

We live and learn.

Memories?

Remember when it was still a complete taboo to mention you owned and tuned a Hyundai?

Remember when SOCKS was not banned, and had a different name?

Remember my hour long quote fests about agent orange?

Remember drinking together in the original Flash Chat?

Remember SOCKS sending all of those zipped picttures of his redheaded girlfrield nude and getting herself off via email? COme on, I know at least 3 or 4 of you got those.

Remember getting screwed out of $1200 by one vendor, then having him sell my parts on ebay?

Remember getting screwed out of $500 on the Apexi exhaust?

Remember the first ABQ BBQ? The second? The Third? Remember us all getting drunk and passing out in my living room, just to be woken up by farts over a preplanted walkie talkie?

Remember the Balloon Fiestas and the wonderful drives?

Remember the friends? Lifelong friends we made all over the country?

Remember the car falling off of the jack onto Viper at Nopi Nationals?

Remember what he was wearing?

Remember Nopi Phoenix? RDT sweeping the Hyundai awards? Remember HIN Vegas, 123 degrees at 3 in the afternoon?

Remember being argued with for 7 years that there was no such thing as a RD then showing photo proof?

Remember the forum fights? Remember the good vendors going bad?

Remember those that faded away, remember those that remain today?

I remember it all. I've posted probably in 1/3 of the threads here. This site helped me keep my mind on something steady when I lost the thing I cared for the most in my life. Losing my Army career wasn't that hard, with you guys and girls here, and with the support of you guys and my wife, I avoided the usual pitfalls. Members here physically took care of me after my surguries, helping me to the bathroom, and helping me to eat. Comforting me as I cried in pain from the screws in my leg, in my toe, and the skin tearing off of my foot.

Yeah, you guys have been a family to me, and in reality, we are just moving home from an extended stay in an apartment, in the same town.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

When I got banned because of my drunken stupidity. I got banned because of my racism. I believe in equality but alcohol turned me into a racist.

Alcohol ruined my life. Like 9/11, never again will it happen.

Other memories:

-I got screwed by Seoulfulracing. I paid $20 worth of Korean patches and they never came.

-I got screwed again by some dude(American) making Korean license plate. I paid ($20) for some guy to make Korean-style license plate and they never came.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, its been great RDTiburon! Definitely brings a little tear to my eye. You have all been like family, as so many others have said. Many new friends from all different walks of life, from all over the country.

And, since I will never hear the end of it if I dont post these, I take my place amongst those who revere the words: "Better late than never!" Here you go RDTiburon, a few things I've been hiding on my computer.....

ABQ BBQ 2008:

Videos:

ABQ BBQ Drunks 2008

ABQ BBQ Drunks 2008 #2 JAVA!

Crest Run

Crest Descent

Rally Tibs!!

Rally Tibs #2

Tribute to Flyryde a la "Lee"

ABQ BBQ 2009:

Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

haha.gif Those first couple of vids are hilarious!!..... As y'all know, I'm no post ho, ,only met 1 maybe 2 rd members ever in person, but I gotta say that, I do not spend much time online,but in the past 1/2 decade,I spent 80% of my online time here!, I'm old school and back then had very little typing skills but would read RDt fourms till my eyes hurt!, over the years, Ive learnd so much from the people and information this site provided..........Gonna miss getting home from work and going online to see whats up on rd!, but ,Hopefully the rd spirit will live on at H.A...............Farewell RDtiburon.com wavey.gif