The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Fighting with idiots.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS
Default Fighting with idiots.

So last night I'm at our local car meet. I try to hang out with different people when I go but this was obviously a mistake.

(Dude was some middle aged guy in an older altima with altezzas and underglow. Gross.)
Dude: you know what I love? Those new genesis coupes!
Me: oh I know, I drove one and immediately fell in love.
Dude: yeah, but the 2009 tiburons are sick!
Me: there's no 2009 tiburon..
Dude: yes there is!
Me: uh. No? There's a 2008 tiburon..
Dude: yeah that's what I meant
Me: ok? They're just like the 07s..
Dude: *yelling* no they aren't! They're fully loaded!
Me: look jackass, every car comes 'fully loaded.' The 08s are the same as the 07s.
Dude: NO!

I had to walk away. It was getting way heated and I couldn't handle it. There was also another fight between me and another guy about the difference between tiburons and tuscanis. I told him I drive a TIBURON and no EMBLEM is going to make my car go faster.

Haha sheesh. Had to get it off my chest.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

Baha, thats why i never go to the local car hangout. full of teenagers with their moms car bitching about stupid crap like. "when i'm street racing I push the sunroof up so i can get more downforce and go around corners faster."

It's not about getting to know people and having fun just about egos getting in the way all the time.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

Yea I hate when people call the new tiburons, tuscanis. Theres a guy around here somewhere that has a 07 tiburon and has every tuscani decal on it. Thats just stupid. Your not in f'in Korea, your in America there called TIBURONS.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I love it when people try to tell me stuff about hyundai that don't have a clue.

Like how they made a factory S/Ced Elantra.

I have also heard some comments about my car." I really like the elantra, but the tiburon is a piece of crap. " blink.gif

The reasoning behind that. Some asshat that came out to our hangout area with a 4cyl tib lost his motor at 40k miles. The reason? It was on stock oil. (He didn't tell many people about that) I think it ended up spinning a bearing. Then this caused the very wrong opinion that hyundai does not stand behind it's 100k warrenty because they refused to replace that tards engine. I am amazed it went that long being driven hard with no actual oil change.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off and walk away. Most of the time, these people are just bench racers that hear stuff from friends of friends of friends, and really dont have the slightest idea. If you really wanted to mess with him, you should of started talking about his Altima and spewing off crap details about it. It would of reversed the tables and he would of seen what it fealt like. wink.gif
Old 05-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Idiots will be idiots. The key is to learn to recognize them and not let them waste your time.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:21 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

187sks speaks words of wisdom.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Saw a poster once:
"Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig in mud. After a while you realize the pig enjoys it."

Walking away was a good idea.

BTW: Where do they have meets around here?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(03AccentVA @ Jul 22 2009, 11:03 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Saw a poster once:
"Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig in mud. After a while you realize the pig enjoys it."</div>

yes, sadly people begin to enjoy it after awhile.