The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Encounters with police

Old 02-23-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Encounters with police

I think this one cop realy likes me, everyday i blow by Addison st. today this cop got turned on by Toby or something, he pulls out of the side wheels screaching, my radar-detector starts going of the charts, ( i had radar blocking so if he aimed at me hed get some rediculous number like 512051mph, its realy cool) He followed me for over 13 miles on my way home until i turned into my garage , i had my tipometer reset, and this EVO blew by me at over 10MPH the speed limit but he still stayed on my ass, *snort* buncha piggys, either pull me over and scold me or get the hell gone /end pointless rant.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I hate it when cops seem to have nothing better to do than just follow you for a bit and let you know they are there.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah thats no good, they are waiting for you to do something wrong...

I think that weve all had stories like this and i think (with your consent) you should have the title changed to "Your Police Encounters" or something like that. and have everybody post their stories about their cop stories..that being said here is mine.. hope this is alright

i was driving with my friends back home one night, going to get a bite to eat(pre tibby days). it was like 430 in the morning but we were all sober. a cop was going the other way as me and flipped around real fast, i wasnt doing anything wrong. he followed me until i got to the outskirts of the town i was going to (~5miles) and finally turned on his lights and pulled me.. i asked him what the problem was and he asked me where i was going. told him i was going to get some grub and then he asked me if i had been drinking. i said no and he said ok have a good night and started to walk away. i shouted to him asking why he pulled me over and he said he thought i might have highbeamed him. i said ok and he left but i def didnt highbeam him cuz my left highbeam was out in my cutty. damn liar...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Cops around here are generally nice to me. I've had a few follow me, but thats just because they were making sure my dealer plate was legit. Your lucky, in VA if they think you're speeding they can pull you, and radar detectors are illegal here. Personally I don't know what your ranting about if you were speeding, I'd be more happy that I got off of a ticket than anything.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think that weve all had stories like this and i think (with your consent) you should have the title changed to "Your Police Encounters" or something like that.</div>
wow, Alex u dont know how much that means to me, and yes one of the Admins or Mods DO have my consent on that, i completly agree with it, great idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know what your ranting about if you were speeding</div>
A white 04 GK and I were going aprx. 5mph over the speed limit in a 35 zone, later in a 45 zone, we both drove by full christmas tree lights on blazing neons, led's and everything, we asked for it i know, and when he split off he kept on trailing me. I belive that the EVO that flew by that was doing 10mph the speed lmit for sure should have gotten tailed not me. But then again with all these other rich, white, old people cars around here, and rare Tiburons im not suprised he followed me down.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

With an attitude like yours, it's amazing they haven't arrested you yet.

Cops are around to make everyone's life better, the import scene in most respects, has done nothing to help our relationship with the cops out.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:05 AM

Unfortunatly REDZ is right. While maybe the import scene in your neck of the woods is quiet and does not cause any problems, the NATIONWIDE view of the import scene is down the toilet. Just about everyone has seen some nasty honda or mitsu driving erratically and annoying people with their stereo and blatty, buzzy exhaust tips.

And it is all caused by a few people making the rest look bad.. which is the sad part. This is also one of the reasons I keep my Tib subtle. I do not like attention, especially the wrong attention.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:47 AM

The best thing you can do is drive safely and obey the laws if a police man follows you. That way the police will have nothing on ya and eventually leave you alone. A similar incident happened to a friend of mine and he called the police station about a cop following him around town and threatened to file a complaint..a few second later, the cop turned off and left him alone.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 AM

Friend got pulled going 59 in a 35. Wreckless driving. The cop thanked him for not trying to run. (happens a lot around here) The cop could have arrested him if he wanted. Instead the cop wrote him a speeding ticket not wreckless which it is should have been. And sent him on his way. 2 other times since then he has gotten pulled doing 20 over. 3 diff cops. not one gave him a wreckless..

I love cops. Sucks to get a ticket every once in a while. But hey its my fault. Its your fault. Im tired of people around here saying all cops are corrupt and crap they hate cops. But when there house or car gets broken into or they are assaulted. Who is the first person they call. Cops take precautions and if that means trailing someone that they believe could be drunk. SO BE IT!! That just means you wont be hitting me head on and killing me and my baby. If your not drunk.. It took 2 seconds out of your life.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Here's mine:
(before you read I agree, that most cops are good and have hearts but just like the import scene, a few "other-word-for-donkey" hole cops out there are ruining the image for the public. Here's my encounter with a "other-word-for-donkey" hole cop:
Going 10 over on an empty street at night. Headlights come at me (I slow to like 7-8 over limit), but I didn't realize it was a cop. He turns around about 5 seconds after driving past me and turns lights on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fussing over getting pulled over (I WAS speeding and deserved the ticket I got). It's what happened WHEN I got pulled over:
So he catches up to me and there is absolutely no where to pull over on the right (I would literally have to stop in the right lane of the road). I figured that I shouldn't do that so I changed lanes and gave left signal to turn into an industrial parking lot.
As I pulled into parking lot the cop is an inch behind my tib's "other-word-for-donkey" and he dashes out of his car and runs over to mine. I'm in the process of rolling down my window, turning down radio, and putting out cigarette and he comes to the car door and tries to open it as I'm rolling down the window. He screams:
:drillserg cop.gif "UNLOCK THE DOOR!"

So I do and immediately he grabs my left arm and pulls me out. I'm still in my friggin seatbelt and wondering what the hell is going on. I undo my seatbelt with my right hand and he pulls me out. My foot was on the brake and after being pulled out my car starts to roll away. He literally drags me to his car (I'm not even putting up a fight) and i ask calmy:
:bandit: "Officer can I pull my ebrake so my car doesn't hit anything?"
and his response is
cop.gif "NO"
wtf? It was rolling real slow so I wasn't worried.
Next, I'm thrown against his patrol car and searched, anytime I try to lift my head to ask what the hell he's doing this for, it gets slammed back down onto the hood. So basically I just took the beating he gave me.

After, when I'm in the backseat and he's asking me for info I calmy ask why am I being arrested? He asked me why I didn't pull over to the right? He told me he assumed I was running from him because I turned left? I made no gestures while driving to make him think I was running.

Anyway, after all this I got a ticket (expected...) but I was sore for a few days after...02.gif

I don't drive through Kent at night anymore. While drasgging me to my car and throwing me around he was mumbling about "Teaching these darn kids a lesson" and such. My first ticket...lesson learned, but really....that crap wasn't neccessary.