The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Dumb @$$ Driver UPDATE: Pics From The Accident

Old 05-20-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aircorey @ May 20 2006, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My insurance is going to be ridiculous, I am a 21 yr old male, 2 speeding tickets, less that 4 years driving and 1 no fault accident. Here are a couple quotes I received
2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT $600/Mth
1996 Ford Mustange GT Convertible $670/Mth</div>

That Sh!t is rediculous! I HATE insurnace bullcrap. They can charge you thousands of dollars a year, but wont even pay off the loan on a totalled vehicle... I'm glad the insurance on my mustang is only $300/month. I will never pay an insurance premium that is as much/more than my damn car payment!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 AM

I take it you didn't have GAP insurance...that is suppossed to cover the difference between what you owe and what they are willing to give you....good luck with it all and hope you get a nice replacement ride...the GK's aren't too shabby...
Old 05-21-2006, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think a lot of us would be in the same boat if we got into a wreck. Most of our "aftermarket" stuff wouldn't be covered and we'd be ass out. Not to mention not getting back the value of our blood, sweat and tears spent.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had FULL coverage, everything possible. Who knows, but I am going to court for my losses, lost wages and sh!t. The only problem with getting a nice new ride is that I can't afford insurance, unless My dad or Brother in-law can help me out by getting the car in their name and insurance in their name I am screwed.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

Aircorey's insurance rates aren't too bad. i guess it's a good thing to live away from big cities like Toronto

insurance quote for me was about 15000CAD / year when i was 22 yrs old (male). that's with NO accident and $1000 deductible. go figure.

try
http://belairdirect.ca/

it's the cheapeast place i've found for us Canadians so far
Old 05-25-2006, 10:13 AM

That is about what I was quoted at when I had no tickets/accidents before I got the Tiburon when I was thinking about getting the Tuscani. I will look into that insurance, I found Certas was the cheapest when I shopped around which is who I am with now. I got a quote for about $330/Month on a 1997 Ford F-150 with everything but collision. That is pretty affordable, might go after that. It is my buddies Truck, he is selling to buy a Nissan 350Z. Has the 4.9L V6 20" Chrome rims, custom grill, 5 Spd, Kicker Sound System, Dual magnaflow exhausts, 2 Tv's in sun visors. Might be missing some things but thats the just of it. I just have to talk to the fiance and see what she thinks.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:35 AM

I checked out that site, amazing rates. I got the quote compared on Kanetix with Belair. The only problem is that I am buying the truck next week and they take 2 weeks to set up the insurance. They have to mail out the papers, then I have to fill them out and send them back to them and them they call me to verify and then check all the records, ie insurance/driving and then they finally set it up. Is there any faster way around it that you know of??? I would like to have the insurance by the time I get the truck, I was quoted at $250 a month full coverage compared to like $330 without collision from my other insurance company.