The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Dumb @$$ Driver UPDATE: Pics From The Accident

Old 05-14-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I just got my car back from getting my new deck/speakers installed today at 4 pm. Got home, got in my baseball gear and headed back on the road to get to my baseball game. 5:10 pm I'm driving down a main road in the left lane and there is a white Minivan stopped in the turn lane waiting to merge onto the street. There was a bit of a gap between myself and the car ahead of me so the Minivan punches it to get in ahead of me and smashed into my front fender, and inch away from my door. The force of the collision sent my car through the right lane and over the curb onto the grass between the road and the side walk. Basically from what I saw after I got out of the car, my car will be a write off. First off, I was trapped in my side of the car as my door would not open. My fiance, who was in the passengers seat, was in alot of pain and could not get out of the car without the medical services. Here are the damages that I could see

Interior: Doesn't look too bad but my center console was shifted out of place and some of the interior parts, like the deck surround were cracked. I also had parts from the exterior inside my car and my window was only down about 2 inches. The spaceing inbetween the dash pieces was also out of whack.

Exterior: Was hit in the front left fender, clear corner is smashed, hood is f***ed, rad is f***ed, winshield is cracked, the headlight is f***ed, the backing of it was thrown up onto my winshield, front bumper is f***ed, front tire is blown, the whole steering and suspension on the left is totalled, as my car was drifting across the lane I tried to steer it and keep it on the road way and the wheel wouldn't turn. The fender was pushed back toward the back of the car and was blocking my door. The frame is most definately twisted. The electrical component behind the fender, unsure exactly what it was, was crushed and the wiring running from it was sliced from the fender. Some metal parts, what looked like mounts in the engine bay were all bent over and flattened.

I am going to the place they towed it to tomorrow, I will see what I can do as far as pictures go.
The collision also caused my shades to fly off of my face across to the other side of the car, all the change that was in my little pocket beside the e-brake was thrown out as well as a lighter onto the floor of the car. It trigger my interior lights button and actually made the button press in (dunno how that happened). I also couldn't shift the car outta drive, not even into neutral.

The police called me back a little while ago to talk to my fiance and get her info and told her that the other driver was already charged, so thats a good thing. As far as all my audio equipment goes, I am hoping they will allow me to take it out tomorrow when I go to the yard.

Sorry for the long post, just a little pissed off about it all. My fiance and I are both doing alright now, we'll see how the injuries feel tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ouch mang

im glad you two are ok

can you get pics? you could buy back the tib and part it out if they total it youll make a good amount of cash from it
Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds like the same thing when I was TBoned. Your really lucky dude, like I was. If it hit you further back, could've taken out your legs or some shit like that.

My interior shifted to the right a few inches( I was hit driver's side as well) and my door wouldn't open either. Generally that means the top frame that supports the windshield is bent. If thats out of whack, its totaled most likely.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

damn man, that freakin blows.

sorry about your bad luck. post up pics when you get a chance
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 PM

^^^Thats the way I see it, I am unlucky that it happened, but at the same time I was lucky that it wasn't a split second later. The interior was shifted an inch or more, it was definately a noticeable amount. If in fact the car is a write off, which I am sure it will be and hoping it is because it will just have so many problems from it down the road I am hoping to get another Tibby, this time a 5-speed.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:28 PM

sorry to hear but yea, could have been worse at least you come to terms with that. good luck
Old 05-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ooof... always sad to hear of another accident. hope you and your fiance are ok, you know it could have been worse. stupid minivan driver, reminds me of the time our school bus creamed a bronco.

our bus always crossed a busy road, however, it was part of the schedule and 90% of the time there were no cars in between the gap. one day, this stupid dumbass lady in a bronco going about 25mph decided to use the left turning lane to weave in front of the school bus so she wouldn't have to slow down. we creamed her side door in and the bus didn't even have one scratch. anyways, that caused her to be blacked out and the bus was blocking the whole damn road. i didn't even feel anything while on the school bus.

yeah it's scary, try not to drive next to people and always slow down if you think someone is doing or going to do something crazy. hope everything goes well, feel better man.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 PM

I got the pics today, gonna go to my buddies to put them on the comp a little later. The appraiser still hasn't went to look at the car so I am unsure still as to what is going to happen.

Hamhead or anyone else who may have had this same problem:
Do you have any ideas on how to get my front left speaker out of the door without being able to open the door to take the door panel off??? I also have to be able to find my cross over in the door panel, dunno where about it is.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Sorry to hear that about your car...thank god you and your fiance is alright
Old 05-17-2006, 01:26 PM

The Van that hit me.