The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Darn Fireworks!

Old 07-05-2005, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Seriously, I'm 28 and I still have fun firing them at objects/people. Some people need to stop watching the world go by and go out and join it in the fun.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

LOL Happy 4th of July you Yanks!! LOL

You wanna see fireworks, you should see what Denmark's got!!!! I went over there for a hockey tournament when I was in grade 9. WOW!! The guy I billeted with had three type of firecrackers.

First ones were nothing special but they were fun. They were like matchsticks but the size of a pen, you struck them on a rough surface and threw them. They let out a nice "pop" kinda like those black cat firecrackers. Fun stuff.

Second ones, were red and quite a bit larger. you had to light them. THey had a 3 second fuse I think or something. Forget now. They were more damaging so it was a little more fun.

THe third ones were nuts. They were black, and looked like large sticks of dynamite! In addition, the side had white lettering that marked "FOR MILITARY USE ONLY" on the side. We literally blew this kids Christmas tree apart with these babies. They even left holes in the ground that were about a foot wide. AWESOME.

Now I don't pretend to know my fireworks, but these were damn cool. YOu could also get the ones that shot up into the air at your local convenience store. We were setting them up in metal garbage cans and firing them down the street. It was great. LOL

On the other hand on New Year's eve there isn't just a fireworks show to go to, everyone buys fireworks and shoots them off(as per tradition). When we went outside and looked around, the entire sky was lit up with firworks of this that and the other.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:06 PM

LoL you would have hate me then! I had to have lit off maybe $1gs worth of fireworks over the past week or so in my town, with a few friends. laugh.gif

Lit them in random parking lots, parks, out of my CAR. Hehe.

This was actually one of the first years I sat back and watched the fireworks in my town. It was like uplifting for some reason, as I was in a trance watching them.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hobgoblin @ Jul 5 2005, 04:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>you think just the fireworks are bad?

Try living next to an Air Force base... they had a fly by with some F-15s and then some C-130s... THEN they shot off fireworks... the BIG ones... 5 to 10 of them at a time... heh now thats annoying... stupid air force tongue.gif
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I have an airfield right across the street from my neighborhood where the T34s do touch and goes. Plus I have eglin AFB bombing grounds. remeber during the shock and awe of Iraq and they dropped that MOAB I got to hear that up close when they were testing that. I also have hurlburt field down the road so c-130s and C-5s. I was suprised that the firworks stopped around 1030 so I take back the gripe....btw I don't mind blowing something up to celebrate my independance.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:04 PM

I love firworks, especially the ones from Mexico (more like small explosives)

When I was a kid, my neighbors and brother used to get our old broken Transformers and GI Joes and blow the shizz outta them on the 4th of July. pretty cool entertainment back in the day
Old 07-05-2005, 05:10 PM

shooting those small little skyrockets at people are hella fun
hahahaha
lmao.gif
Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

hella fing02.gif
Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 PM

yeah buddy many moons ago there was this woman. I called her old bitty number 1. One day I felt like pissing her off because she b****ed at me for walking in her yard with my skates. (my hockey ball rolled in to her yard.), So when me and a friend of mine went to alabama to buy some fireworks. I bought something that I was sure to get her attention with. I can't remeber what it was but it was like a a big can that shoots like 10 rockets out of it, well inside a closed mailbox I was sure I could do some damage. So ya the mailbox explodes. A couple weelks later she had herself a brick mailbox and the b**** calls the cops on me and my bud for playing hockey on the street( when ever a car came buy we moved) As soon as the cops left I went on line and learned how to build a pipe bomb using household chemicals. I ran a fuse to it but when it detonated the it just blew the door off the brick stayed up. I walk up and see if it was atleast cracked only to discover the box was full of mail.....oops. By this time it was time to ditch into the woods because we were sure she heard that blast. the mailbox still stands today.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:01 PM

My cousins tried to scare me out of playing with fireworks when I was younger...they once lit one of those loud noise-makers, and threw it at me. 'course...I'd always hold it until it was about to blow, and chucked it at their heads...oh man...their expressions were priceless. laugh.gif
Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

tongue.gif ^^ Its a wonder you still have two hands...