The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Damn Snowshovel..

Old 12-22-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So im outside today rinsing off my tibby (it was covered in salt) and then im putting the hose back..I go back to the gate to get my keys and before i do i trip over a snow hovel and fall on my face (lol). I get up and brush it off and see i only have some scrapes and my wrist hurt a bit. I figured itd go away in an hour or so. So i drove over to the store driving with basically one hand and realize the pain isnt going away from my wrist. I couldnt turn the car on with that one hand or even put the car in gear without being in gut wrenching pain. I go home and see my wrist is kind of swollen so I ice it a bit and put a bandage thing on it. Here what it looked like thru the bandage about 2 hours ago:

Theres a little bulge and that b%$^& hurts. I cant twist my wrist or basically move it in any normal way.i can move my fingers but can hardly bend my wrist. my dad massagedsome cream on it and I just wanted to cry in pain (but im a trooper).

I dont know what to do, if I should go to this doctor place around here to get it checked or let it be. I just have it bandaged. I have no health insurace so thats why Im iffy on what to do.

On top of that I was making spaghetti for dinner and all the dry spaghetti dropped on the floor..i cursed a bit and picked it up with my one good hand.

Damn my clumsiness and that stupid shovel.. mad.gif
Old 12-22-2005, 06:32 PM

I would go get it checked out. A similar situation happened to me when i was younger and i had fractured my wrist. So if i were you id go get it looked at. Better to be safe than sorry!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i see what looks like a arm, possibly ankle wrapped in something. tongue.gif

take off the bandage and take a comparison pic with your other wrist in the photo and it will look more badass. wink1.gif

it is more than likely a sprain id say. usually with breaks it will hurt even if you keep it still.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:47 PM

I'd see how it feels in the morning. If its improved, then don't go see the doc. If its still as bad, or worse, then see the doc.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm sorry to hear that! You have to wear the right shoes and always be prepared to take a fall out there in the snow and ice. When I walk the dogs I have to put the choke chains on because when they pull I slip!

Wait the night, and if you feel it getting worse tomorrow, then go to the doctor and have it examined. Better pay up instead of have a painful wrist your whole life. It might be sprained or fractured if the pain is consistant tomorrow. My sister fractured her wrist on rollerblades. Please take it easy. Don't work on it.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 PM

Good idea heh..

Heres the good wrist:

And heres the bad wrist:

Old 12-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if you get bad black/blue discoloration, then i would worry. if not, i would say its definately sprained. just take it easy.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Go see a doctor!! If there's something broken, then you don't want it to heal wrong. It's better to be safe then sorry later on.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:05 PM

I had the same thing happen with my knee once (swelled up like twice the normal size). I was riding my bike, not looking ahead and i ran into a pole. Smart hey! fing02.gif
Oh, it turned out that i had broken my knee and i was in a cast for 6 weeks. I'd get it check out. See what winter does...
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

go see the docter. better this be checked.