The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Damn!!!!#2

Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 7 2005, 06:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>he threaded his mustang through traffic at 75+mph... only to turn into a motel less than a mile away.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Maybe he had some problems with digestion (stomach) and he was hurrying to get his pants off laugh.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 7 2005, 06:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I may drive fast, and I might even cut it close sometimes, but I ALWAYS signal, I make sure the coast is clear before moving from my lane, and I do my very best to be a polite driver to those around me at all time.

THUMBS UP!!!
I do the same. If I drive fast - I always signal and try to do all my best to be polite to other drivers.

I would divide all fast drivers on two categories:
- active (who drive fast, signals and who are polite to others)
- agressive (reckless, not signalling, rude to others)
Old 04-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Yeah mat this is really going to hurt insurance wise. And taking it to court probably wouldnt help. I have been to traffic court 5 or 6 (I forget) times and evey time a recless driving charge was brought up they were not let off, even if it was their first offence. I agree with you guys about the driving. I personally drive the same way Mad does. Just as a FYI. One point made my insurance go up $189 per six months. Not too bad (like $30/month) but recless driving will make it sky rocket.

Oh yeah and post the vids and pics!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:08 PM

What might also kill you on the insurance is if your parents don't have you listed yet. If they don't, the insurance will find out after this and put you on which will raise it further. Tickets are very expensive in more ways then one.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Apr 7 2005, 03:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>post the video and pics.

Ill see if I can...
Damn.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM

There was an incident just last week in Ohio because of driving like this. That person was stabbed to death while 4 other people assisted the murderer and it was all due to road rage. I don't mean to be rude but just those "FEW" cars probably have or are familys that are on their way home or elsewhere and reckless driving causes plenty of accidents and deaths. I'd have to say I would side with the cop on this one.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

so what...were your parents like "that damn RDI site made you drive your tib-yoo-ron so gawd damn fast, your grounded! no internet......."

(I say "RDI" site because every person around me who is annoyed by my constant addiction to be signed on here calls this site...and I quote "that R-D-I Tiburon site" .....? I dunno, maybe they can't read the big banner at the top of every screen on this site, I see no big 'I' on that banner. Upwards of 10 people have called it by that name....anyone else have this problem?)

Anyways, glad your back mat_mag. How long were you gone (not trying to be rude). The site has changed if you haven't noticed. Check otu the new store and start racking up some points. Sorry about your situation but take the two main pieces of advice from this thread so far:

1.) Post those damn vids and pics....unless they're ridiculously un-entertaining. (It's always fun to see a fellow member get pulled over and b****ed at by a cop).

2.) Take defensive driving class if you already haven't.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 12 2005, 07:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>so what...were your parents like "that damn RDI site made you drive your tib-yoo-ron so gawd damn fast, your grounded! no internet......."

Anyways, glad your back mat_mag. How long were you gone (not trying to be rude).

No, my parents didnt say anything like that, just another punishment... They also took away my cellphone, I asked why but my moms excuses dont make any sense.

Thanks, I was gone about mabye a month, im guessing..
Old 04-15-2005, 09:15 PM

Well I have some good and some bad news, the good is it turned out that it was only a careless driving instead of a reckless, the bad news is I have to go to court on the 28th to see waht I get. :angry:
Old 04-16-2005, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

good luck, relieve your anxiety and stress on the 20th like everyone else..... smile.gif
Old 04-16-2005, 10:20 PM

Ugh, a reckless driver is why my Tib is sitting in my driveway with $3,500 worth of damage to it. Some asshole who wasn't paying attention smacked into the side of me and took off. Me, I had my blinkers on and was doing the speed limit! COME ON PEOPLE! BLINKERS! YIELD!

*sigh* Not saying you're a bad driver, but reasons like this are why you got a ticket.