The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Damaged My Tib

Old 06-19-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the story. My Brother-in-law had left his work truck at my place several weeks ago when the transmission died. He is out of work and was a good thirty miles from home when it went, do bringing it here was the closest place he could think of... fine with me, not fine with the city.

I got a visit from the Chief of Police about the truck being on my property. I am only allowed one non-working vehicle here.. and my Fiat (even though it is in the Garage) fits that description. He suggested I have the truck removed before I get a fine. This is ok with me, I have wanted it out of here for a while.

So, my Brother-in-law borrows the dumptruck from the place he sometimes works at and the utility trailor they use for moving the heavy earth moving equipment. We move my Hyundai so he can get his truck onto the trailor.. all goes well.. until he goes to leave.

In a beautiful bit of direction sense, he decides to back up the dumptruck and trailer so he can manuever around my neighbors car.. and backs directly into my tib. He took out the passengerside corner light (painted clear corner) the fender, the corner of the hood, and the upper edge of the bumper.

Being family, there is little I can do.. he is going to try and help me get the parts.. but being mostly out of work, I am not going to press the issue.. so, instead of more mods, I need to do some repair work.. I think now though is the perfect excuse for a C/F hood and a bodykit via Chris (blacktibs) but it still sucks that after all this time and all these miles.. now my tib looks like shit.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

aww man. that blows!

postpics.gif

CF is the way to go now!!
Old 06-19-2005, 04:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

sorry to hear man, that thing was flawless. crazy.gif
Old 06-19-2005, 05:11 PM

sorry guys.. no pics until the car is fixed. It hurts to even think of my car damaged like this, I do not want to be reminded... thank goodness it is on the Passenger side then?
Old 06-19-2005, 05:28 PM

If it's any consolation, about a week ago some dumb lady tried to pull up to the pump infront of me before I pulled out of the gas station and even though I had the right of way, she had to slam on her brakes.. unfortunately her brakes failed.

I didn't even know she hit into me until later that night when I had a party and my friend pulls next to me in his Altima and says "WHOA, who hit you?" So yeah, there is white paint stained on my paint at the moment, and some of my black paint was also chipped away. It definitely made me very angry.. I wonder if I should have done something about it?

My friends father is going to help me get the paint off with a buffer.. but I'm not too upset about my car getting hit anymore. Sorry to hear about your car though, but **** happens. Get your car fixed and make it stand up even taller before, so to speak.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

mad, i'm sorry to hear that your beautiful car has been hit. talk to chris and wait for the parts. as long as the car is driveable than you're fine. be prepared to wait a few months before it gets looking fresh again.

go with the f2 evo bumper and wait for a cadamuro hood like me. and some CF fenders might cost you the same as self-replacing OEM ones with labor.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:13 PM

If Tibbychic gets back to me on availibility.. I might be buying one of her used fenders. I will go up there and get it to avoid waiting on shipping. 75 is MUCH cheaper than anything on eBay.

And Since I am supplying Chris with all the parts for his redo of the King Kit.. I am getting that back in return.. but I might substitute the front bumper for the evo one...

all I really need is a clear corner right now. Gotta hit a junkyard for the connector too. The bulb holder vanished.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Sorry to hear bud,...
Guess you were right about your car not looking the same in the other thread wink1.gif
Kidding!
I feel your pain
Old 06-20-2005, 03:36 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

man, that sux

sorry to hear about that
Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 AM

that really sux... you are better than I would have been... brother or not, I would have had him helping with the repairs... sorry to hear about your car