The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Damaged My Tib

Old 06-20-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had planned to do all of this anyway.. even that clearcorner was going to get changed out.. it was the one I cracked when I pulled it apart. So I guess it was just the Kick in the arse I needed to go and do it.

The worst part was.. I saw him about to do it.. and I was yelling and running towards the truck as he was backing up.. but didn't make it in time. I guess I was just lucky it was a "love tap".. between the weight of the dumptruck, the heavy duty "lowboy" trailer, and his pickup ontop.. he could have done a LOT more damage.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:31 PM

That blows dude... I had a similar instance and I know what you mean. I was parked next to my friends SUV, and it was this small lot down a hill that we were parked in. I was in the passenger seat of his suv, and he was pulling out, and as if it were in slow motion, I watched the side of his suv just pick up my entire front end and watched it slide back down... I got out and looked at the bumper and there was an ENORMOUS cluster of scratched and chipped paint. This was about 3 weeks after I had just bought the tib too... but what can you do right? I'm not going to tell my best friend... alright, you're paying for it right now. I mean, it's not like either of us is loaded with money, college students don't have cash haha.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45 PM

well, a little touchup paint, a body hammer, and a sandbag and the Fender is presentable again.. not perfect.. but you can barely tell from 20 feet. The hood is a goner, I could fill it, but I can't knock the kink out of it due to the bracing.. The bumper is the same as the fender.. looks OK, but if you walk up to the car, you can tell where it broke around the corner light...

Ordered a new clear corner, need a new headlight.. found out the brackets broke off of the plastic

For once I am glad I have italian cars.. you NEED to know how to do bodywork with them around.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:33 AM

Just a friendly bump.

How's the car doing, Mad?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 AM

Got the King Kit off to Blacktibs this weekend, seeing about buying a fender from somebody here.. getting ready to buy a new clear corner... soon, she will be back together. I am also pushing through for my plans to alter the car some to suit my taste in shape and colour.. I hope by my birthday (october) to have something to really show you guys.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Glad to hear it. It's unfortunate that the accident had to happen in the first place. Hmm.. suit your shape and colour? Explain. Unless you'd rather have your plans undisturbed. ^__^

I'm actually thinking about getting a paintjob in the near future. A metallic black perhaps? Stock paint is REALLY thin, and I've got tons of little scratches all over it from whoknowswhere!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I feel your pain,brother
Old 07-10-2005, 12:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Jul 9 2005, 10:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> Hmm.. suit your shape and colour? Explain.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I have posted by design sketches here and there... and they are in my Garage page here on the site. Doing that AND painting it that warm dark gray that the Audi TT comes in.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:54 PM

Ah, yes I came across some of those before. Good sketches, I might add. That's a really cool color you describe. There's something about seeing Tibs in unique colors that really cull me in. They look STUNNING.