The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.
View Poll Results: Do you trust the U.N. to levy a global tax?
Yes
6.67%
No
93.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Controversial Topic Time!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullfrog @ Jan 16 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the cure for cancer is less man made stuff period. Im not 100% convinced that radio waves,tv waves, cell phones dont scramble our cells over time to cause cancer. From what i understand something has to get knocked out of wack in DNA to start cancer. I think its natures way of reacting to something we do/did/manufacture.</div>

I really doubt radio/cell phone waves though (light is a wave too), but the ton of chemicals that have been released in the environment since industrialization started must play a role.. or the pesticides we end up eating.. etc. etc. even modern car exhaust has a lot of cancer-causing chemicals and all that stuff adds up.

But cancer existed waay before radio waves and chemical industry.. there was plenty of documented work in 16-18th century, oldest known description was from Egypt in 1600 BC.. Natural cell replication is not perfect and will yield DNA errors, and there are other natural causes as well (e.g. some viruses)..

In any case, there's a big difference between "prevention" and "cure"

Sorry for the OT, just got a bit riled up
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Jan 16 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry for the OT, just got a bit riled up</div>
not a problem... good debates.