The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

friend deletes

Old 01-24-2010, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default friend deletes

why do people get so upset about cars? i understand if you get upset about politics, but cars?! i know better than to b**** out loud but i state facts such as "Mustang was originally designed for Women to buy groceries" it is FACT. in the 1950's, sh*t like this actually existed. i'm not making this up. why would people get upset about that, because they didn't know a fact?

i've had a "friend" delete me from their FB because they were anti-Genesis Coupe and couldn't stand to hear what i had to say. this guy argued that the Genesis Coupe was a cheap POS, until i said that standard optical wires, brembo 4 X 4-piston brakes and porsche designed ZF transmission wasn't actually a bad thing. certainly things his corolla doesn't have. then he said he needs a reliable family car, so why the f*** would he be concerned with a sports car to begin with?

i'm a nice guy and respect peoples opinions, but i will never get upset at someone for their personal thoughts. if you like Motorcycles, FINE.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Some people are just so set in their own ways, nothing you can say will ever make them change their minds. People can be stubborn and believe what they want to believe...even if die hard cold facts are brought up to them to say otherwise. Also, if people cant mad that someone deleted them off of a social networking site, like Facebook....seriously push the keyboard away and go for a walk. There's more to life than getting upset at who's your friend and who isnt on some website. wink.gif tongue.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 01:13 PM

thanks for chiming in Josh! <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>People can be stubborn and believe what they want to believe...even if die hard cold facts are brought up to them to say otherwise.</div> isn't that always the case now?! haha. it's so true though!

i'm not upset at this because he's not important to me, but i've known him for years and he's always given me SH** about my Tiburon. i was purely being analytical, no emotion whatsoever. break off a contact because he doesn't like the Genesis Coupe ..???? i guess he didn't like being put in his place.

if someone tells me a Camaro, G37, or GT-R is better like Floyd can, i think he's totally right and respect that. that is why i want to announce to you folks that when i talk about cars, whatever crazy thing i may say it's NOTHING PERSONAL!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you're worried, no I don't get upset. They're all opinions and yours is as valid as mine is. That won't keep me from arguing my point though wink.gif . I'm glad that you don't get upset about it either.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 02 accent

People that "delete you" aren't worth worrying about anyways.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 PM

187, it's always my pleasure to share and debate things with you. not only that, but i learn from you. when i used to be in wrc.com forums, and the old rdtiburon forums, we'd have similar conversations. Blacktibs, Red, Jaws021, Random just to name a few known pioneers. jeez i remember this one time a member was sharing his idea of centrifugal force, turbos and pressure build up, apexies, offsets, 4G63T swaps ...etc. at least 10 people chimed in these discussions. members would research things, and we'd all learn something without having touched a wrench.

as we've gotten older, new generations of users have come in the scene and can read and post one sentence. i think you are right up there with our greatest, with Visionz and the likes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>People that "delete you" aren't worth worrying about anyways.</div>

precisely!!!!! thank you. the Genesis speaks for itself. and i hope we get more Superbowl spots to keep the train moving this year!