The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Cobra Eyes Illegal?

Old 11-15-2003, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

majik tib is correct. its pretty much up to officer discretion. many a time do we pass people with lights on their cars...HIGHLY do not reccomend red cobra eyes! red or blue is illegal in the front of non-emergency vehicles. you can have white though...obviously...only red and blue when car is parked. Do not flash or wig wag red or blue...thats impersonating an emergency vehicle which is a serious crime.. sorry to hear that mad-machine, that horrible to hear, i'm glad you tried though and you know what..? so is the kid... you tried your best and you know as much as i do that he thanks you for it.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:12 AM

yea, I know... I still get bad memories when I pass that spot though.

I do agree on not aggravating the officers. It is an unfortunate thing I doubt the Honda crowd has come to understand. I have seen a LOT of modified Subarus, Mitsus (no evos yet though), Toyotas (supra and celica) and even a few Hyundai.. not to mention my favorite.. fiat.. we all have fast modified cars.. and generally keep them understated to avoid getting the hair eye from the boys in blue... but almost every modded Honda I see is doing the "look at me!" thing... I begin to think that a lot of the backlash against imports comes from badly modded Civics and the attention hungry kids who drive them.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:39 PM

lets not focus on civics as much as we should more focus on the attension hungry kids who drive period..weaving in and out of traffic. i wont lie, i street race. but i refuse to do it in a dangerous situation. i dont go past 50MPH on the streets (posted 40mph) and i dont weave. and never do it with traffic out. but these kids (i sound weird saying "kids" i'm only 19) driving mom and dads car or their lil' modified car drivin' all fast and furious pumped up ready to do 140mph on the streets if someone looks at them wrong...it bothers me. thats why i love to tag em' (ticket em')
Old 11-15-2003, 02:51 PM

Are you a cop?
Old 11-15-2003, 04:59 PM

What the hell are Cobra eyes?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:03 PM

they are replacements for the factory windshield washer fluid nozzles on the hood of the car. These nozzles have an LED in them that aim forward. They come in a variety of colors and can be wired to the headlights or a switch. I have pictures of mine on my cardomain site.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:29 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
RICE LIGHTS! Gotcha tongue.gif

They actually have and official name? Wow
Old 11-15-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Video

in academy but still go out with full officers a lot (too much)
Old 11-15-2003, 05:52 PM

my plan is to get underbody and some angel eyes and then wire both of those to the same switch that my cobra eyes use. Then when I'm chillin in a parking lot I can turn on my cobra eyes, angel eyes, and underglow. That is going to look amazing!
Old 11-16-2003, 12:15 PM

Well.. I only say civics because those seem to be the worst offenders. It is not the car I realise.. but it is just people following the trends and modifiing what they can afford.