The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Bush Is A Cool Dude.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I just saw his speech. I loved it. any opinions?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Wow, you listened to his whole speech? I'm impressed. What did he talk about? No interest here to listen to him make himself look goofy with his horrible speaking abilities. I'm not a fan of his but I don't think he's stupid either... he just opens his mouth before he let's his mind process what he's going to say.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I liked Colbert's speech ON Bush better....

But that's just me. Honestly. I think the first Bush shoulda pulled out and this worls would be a better place. (again just opinion, the first Bush probably wanted to pull out but couldn't... and hey, he's probably living in agony watching his son grow up thinking "damn, I shoulda pulled out"...)

cool.gif
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the first Bush was bashed because he didn't take it further and get Saddam. Now people are bashing Bush #2 because he took it too far and got Saddam.

i thought men didn't like pulling out? shrug.gif
Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I think you guys are just jumping on the hater bandwagon. Seriously.

I watched the entire speech and thought he handeled it EXTREMELY well. fing02.gif
I'd LOVE to see you guys give a speech to the entire world. How many times do you think you'd ststststudder?

Hopefully the idiot protesters listened to what he had to say, because he put to rest ALL of the problems people had with the bill. He's not looking to throw out your illegal mother. Sheesh! He made that clear.

He mainly explained how we need a better way to prove the legality of workers so that we can actually crack down on the BUSINESSES, not just the people. And he also said it was ok for them to work here, just as temps. He only wants them to be "accounted" for.

I don't get why people are supporting "illegal" acts.................even if it IS your family member that's doing it.

Why is it that illegals can come here and work "tax free" and make MORE than another person with the same job just because they dont feel the need to pay taxes? These guys are stealing from you and your government!

Begin Major Rant:

I'm living in the biggest "illegal" capital of the US. And I'm sick of everyone here yelling in my G** damn ear trying to defend their f-ing illegal parents who never paid a DIME in taxes.
I'm a college student paying $120 a week in taxes!!!!!!!!!!!! So forgive me if I'm a little ticked off about your family who is blindly robbing ME and MY government!!!!!!
[/yourselves and your illegal family]

PS. The Spurs lost, so I'm on the rag. mad.gif
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think he handled it very well. He was really trying to say "Illegal Immigrants suck" .. in a nice way. Then he threw in that a "Mexican" Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine corp who was injured in Iraq wanted American citizenship to equal his speech out.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:46 PM

He's not going to get ANYWHERE with his "path to citizenship" plan IMO.

And we do need to crack down on the businesses hiring illegal immigrants. They are breaking the law, and only doing so to dodge taxes for their own profit. Employers who knowingly hire those who can't legally work here should get heavy fines and jail time.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

That's what he's trying to do. There's no way to prove they hire illegals when they get forged papers all the time. It's their way out. Well, part of Bush's plan is to come up with a document that can NOT be forged.
That will definately keep the blame in the companies hands if they get caught.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:57 PM

Sorry, but employers know damn well who they are hiring. When I apply for a job, not only do I have to show a driver's license, SS#, but get a background check as well. That's pretty much normal these days. I even had to submit to a background check for a part time waitering job in a crappy little cafe. You can't use the ignorance arguement when there are simple ways to determine someone's status. I still get a speeding ticket if I don't know the speed limit; a business should be held similarly responsible. They are intentionally not checking because they know what they will find, and then they wouldn't be saving so much money by cheating the govt out of taxes that law-abiding business have to pay.

Text of speech.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

honestly with all this stuff about illegals

i see it this way

bush is tryin to get the attention off of iraq and more on local matters so he can try to improve his approval ratings (all time low)