The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Bush Is A Cool Dude.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

He also said something about special high tech ID cards to all foreign citizens. drillsergeant.gif
Old 05-16-2006, 04:30 AM

i think the whole thing is ridiculous and show's how racist most of america is. ever since this shit i've heard so much shit being talked about mexicans (when alot of illegals aren't even mexican). it's pretty stupid if you ask me. bush just lost whatever "approval" i had for him.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:42 AM

The US has NEVER liked her newest wave of immigration. It does not matter if you come from Mexico, Ireland, Germany, or even Italy. When those people came to this country, people HATED THEM and many put up signs saying they would not hire people from those ethnic backgrounds. Why do you think the stereotype for the irish man is being a police officer? When that wave of immigration made it's way here, the police were one of the few organizations that would hire them.

I do agree that the crackdown needs to be done on the businesses. If there are no jobs here for illegals, they will go home or not come. It is not only taxes you should be worried about. Most illegals make next to nothing in wages.

Georgio foods, based out of Reading Pa. One of the largest mushroom growers and canneries in the US.. they hire illegals all the time. There are many stories (my uncle worked there as a supervisor until he quit in disgust from their business practices) including the one time they paid the workers next to nothing on the promise of a BIG bonus come picking time... well, the illegals picked thier hearts out.. and what did Georgio foods do? Rather than put out thousands in bonuses, it was cheaper for them to have one of their own blow the whistle, have INS swoop in and take them all home, and pay a slap on the wrist fine.

THAT is the problem with illegals. Not that they take jobs away from people (who wants to pick mushrooms, cabbage, or any other nasty job) but that the employers take advantage of their status and pay them next to nothing.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^And Bush tried to reitterate that. He is trying to find a way to crack down on them, and enforce stiffer fines.
He said it plain as day that he will even ALLOW immagrants to come over temperarily to work. He just wants them to "check in" beforehand. What's even better about that is that they will get minimum wage, which is a hell of a lot better than what they have now.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Being Canadian, I don't usually pay too much attention to what's going on down south there, but I just wanted to put in... if you guys don't want em workin there, we'll take em. smile.gif

As far as I know, our immigration laws are alot more lenient, so they could probably get legal work here, and we need workers -badly- here. Over in the west anyway.

Those guys need to just go a little more north, and Bush will be happy, the workers will be happy, and i'll be happy. wink1.gif
Old 05-16-2006, 08:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Kaydm, it has nothing to do with racism you dumbass.

I tell you what, YOU move down here, anywhere near the border states, and tell me if you like having to learn Spanish to read some street signs. You tell me if you think it's fair that they come over here, don't pay into the tax system, and get free health coverage. Tell me why I have to buy supplies for my sons school. NOT HIS SUPPLIES, but supplies for the TEACHERS!! Why am I having to buy chalk and dry erase markers for the teachers? Because all of our tax money goes to these illegals here, who take the money back down across the border to their families. Most of them don't have insurance on their automobiles, and when the housing boom stops here, what are they doing for work?

Oh yeah, that's right, we are racists though.

Blow me.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

You all need to sit down and watch "Russell Peters".

Do you really think that there are people that want to spend all their time out in field picking vegetables? Another reason people hire illegal immigrants is because they are willing to do whatever it takes for the pennies they are paid. You couldn't find a person who can legally work crawling in a field picking mushrooms for next to nothing.

[rant]

I don't know too much about the situation in the U.S. but here in Canada, immigrants settle in places that are heavily populated and complain whne they can't find work. Toronto for example. The surrounding area has the highest population density in the country. Workers are need out west in the prairies. Where do the immigrants settle? Toronto.

I have no problem with people immigrating from one country into another, its great when you need the people to do things, however the government should be allowed to determine where they are needed. Once they've lived there for a while and have been given their citizenship....then they can move where they want.

[/rant]
Old 05-16-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^And that's the POINT of the whole issue: Controlling our borders!!!

We have NO laws governing these people if they don't EXIST to our government. We don't want to kick them out, we just want to acknowledge them and include them in our system.

Redz, calm down dude, at least with the personal attacks. lmao.gif I'd like to keep this topic open.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayDM @ May 16 2006, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i think the whole thing is ridiculous and show's how racist most of america is. ever since this shit i've heard so much shit being talked about mexicans (when alot of illegals aren't even mexican). it's pretty stupid if you ask me. bush just lost whatever "approval" i had for him.</div>
Ummm, we say "Mexican" because 99.9% of the illegals are....................MEXICAN, and come from..........MEXICO!
It's a generalization. And because it is such, doesn't make it wrong in a stereotypical way.

And if 99.9% of the illegals are Mexican, then you can't argue that """a lot""" of them aren't. lmao.gif
Old 05-16-2006, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yes sir.

LOL

it'll stay open. I just don't like him very much, and he's always talking out his ass.

I've got issues with folks in Minnesota, Virginia, New York, saying there is not a problem.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well since this has gone offtopic and into ANOTHER flame war im gonna move this to gripes