The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Blown Tranny At 110,000 Miles.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About a week ago I could not get into first or second gear so I took a look at my linkage and everythign looked fine. I came on rdtiburon to get some advice what it could be and the advice i got was to lube it up and it could be my bushings. The next day I lubed my shift linkages and I put those KJB bushings in. I took it for a test drive after I lubed everything up and everythign worked smoothly until i went to turn around in this guys driveway ... when I pulled into this guys driveway i put it in reverse to back up then put it in first to go and I went and i heard this big bang and lots of grinding..... and I couldn't go then.. So I was pissed I got out of my car and looked under it and what do you know loads of tranny fluid on the ground and tranny casing on the ground. I'm still mad about it and I'm lucky I have a backup car WOOt for the ford contour! Heres some pics of my tranny under the car.. you can see a gear just hanging there haha... looks like my tranny is gonna fall because its broken right at the mount.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

were you stopped when you switched from reverse to forward?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 AM

yes haha... it was jsut its time i guess
Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey, at least you fixed the shifting problem.... Now you need a new differential. The differential being broken says your tranny held up just fine, but you tried to give waaay too much power to the wheels when you were on that hill.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 PM

I got my transmission out today and got some pics of it.... still waiting for my new tranny from superbee. But here are the pics... I cant beleive it did that lol