The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Blacktibs / Flyrydes

Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

lmao, it's been 10 DAYS and these guys are getting their panties in a bunch.

Honestly man, in the world of GBs and making new products off the line, you have to ASSUME that it's going to take about 5x longer than it was supposed to. And this isn't just for Chris' stuff, this goes for EVERYTHING. Hell, I remember it took TibbyChick a YEAR to get her Airram. Some of us going through flyryde funded a project for him to produce from scratch (working with Hotshot) some equal length ceramic coated headers for our tibs, it's been about 10 months, and we've only had ONE guy drop out, because he was another ignorant person who feels he shouldn't have to wait. Good things come to those who wait. You know, you'll go cancel your flyryde order and pay an extra $200 to get them off ebay, only to find out they're on backorder from that ebay seller too. Chris is at the moment a one man show, give him a break.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM

Since now I've got my own thread for this, might as well move this over.

I don't mean to make threats on the site, I apologize for that. But the fact of the matter is that this is bad business. So his internet is down.. doesn't he have friends who will let him on? Or how about a public library? Its not that hard to find a place that offers internet access.

10 sales a year, I agree, probably doesn't matter. The thing that does matter is this: Customer service. You don't know where those 10 sales a year will get you. Maybe one of those guys owns a huge shop and decides he wants to continue purchasing from FlyRyde for his parts because of the prices or service, or maybe just the word of mouth will get around that even in the XD community, FlyRyde is a name to trust.

With XD's, you gotta rep your name before we'll buy anything from you.

Also take note: theres more XD's in this GB than GK's and RD's combined. That should send out a signal that theres a demand out there, but without the proper customer service that demand can go elsewhere in an instant.

Oh, and in this thread there is no mention of his internet being down. And if his internet went down last night, why has he been inactive on ElantraXD since the 19th? He DOES have the group buy over there as well.. but hasn't checked up on it at all. IMO this is poor customer service, and though he may improve later on, I will no longer trust or recommend him to anyone.

To the last post: $200 more? Try $15 more.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

you know? we have this thing called multiple computers

hell i could go to the library if my internet got pulled from my house

my brake line group buy lasted 6 months WITH a 4-6 week build period that was a estimate and the only members that were complaining were the XD guys (the lines arrived 8 weeks after i bought them....after 6 weeks and 2 days i had a member askin for there money back)

hence why i will never offer another again
Old 05-25-2006, 02:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paki @ May 25 2006, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And as far as judging interest goes.. thats fine I can understand that. But don't start accepting payments until you KNOW you can get the items.</div>
Dude, is this your first group buy or something? Honestly..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>my brake line group buy lasted 6 months WITH a 4-6 week build period that was a estimate and the only members that were complaining were the XD guys (the lines arrived 8 weeks after i bought them....after 6 weeks and 2 days i had a member askin for there money back)</div>
EIGHT WEEKS! and you're b****ing about 10 days..
And that's from freaking GOODRIDGE! A million dollar company, now imagine this from a ONE MAN company, Flyryde.
And what are the chances that ONLY the XD guys complained much, and now you're doing it again. Seriously bro, complaining's not going to help, that's just the way group buys are.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:46 PM

There are several GB's i've been in in which the products are sent out either immediately or within a week's time. At the very least, the people who are paid are contacted with the status of the order. FlyRyde has failed to contact anyone directly about the status of their orders. Even a simple "Hey guys, I'm waiting on the products, I'll let you know ASAP when they're in" would be good enough -- but we have not even gotten anything remotely like that.

Several other companies, such as Ark Speed Racing and Uneek (Halo HID's) have excellent customer service skills. I can send you thread links to that if you want. I got their products within a week to two weeks after paying. Once I sent payment, I got a response about it within 24 hours. I have waited 5 days for a response and still nothing.

Go ahead and say us XD owners complain, but when you are promised something will be available in a week and you've already paid, think again.

BTW: These aren't CUSTOM items. These are premade items. Already being sold in performance shops all around. It shouldn't take more than a week's time to know if they're in stock or not.

Unless you've got money already out of your pocket on this group buy, there's no use trying to convince me. Put your money where your mouth is, and then see where you stand.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:53 PM

I see your point, believe me there's many of us that have been in situations just like yours, and not just from flyryde either. I guess it's just something us RD guys have to live with being that nearly everything has to be imported from korea for us, GK guys are spoiled in that department.
Anyway, his internet's been down, I'm sure in the next day he'll be on here and see this thread and reply. Either way, I think you're being a bit drastic. Not to mention, TEN DAYS is NOTHING. Faith's Goodridge SS brake lines were the SECOND run of them, and it still took Goodridge 8 weeks. Took a year for the Airram GB, and those have been available forever. All I'm saying is most GB's are like that, and 10 days is nothing to complain THIS much about. Plus 10 days, that's potential for only 6 working days. Plus, is it 10 days from the date the LAST member's payment CLEARED? Sometimes people send "e-checks" which take up to a week to clear themselves. There's a LOT of factors that delay group buys. You even went as far as to put in your signature on XD "DONT BUY FROM FLYRYDE" That's just ridiculous mang. And 48 hours or you want your money back? Then I guess the GB would be on hold until another person joined and paid in full (and who knows how long that would be, maybe a whole week or something), so who would everyone be pissed at then, YOU, or Chris?

I'd just like to edit this and for once agree with you, Uneek's Customer Service is spectacular.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:57 PM

first group buy lasted 13 months lmao.gif

anyways this is a custom order cuz i doubt eibach keeps anythin for us at all in stock much less 20 sets of stuff

hell it suprises me that the actually offer stuff for us
Old 05-25-2006, 03:08 PM

Just because older group buys took forever.. doesn't mean this one should tongue.gif

All i'm saying is a timely response to ANYTHING would be nice. Sure, internet is down at home thats understandable.. go find another source and send an e-mail.

I own an online store as well, and whenever I get a payment I contact the person who has sent it within 24 hours. If i can't get to my computer, I use my phone. Why? Because Customer service is what gets you sales in the future. The reason so many of the GB's from other sites has failed on the XD sites is because of this: People get familiar with the site they are on (for example, RDTiburon.com), and then go to another site without changing their methods. These sellers don't realize that they have to start again from ground zero. Its new people, new rules.

Sure, I may be blowing this a little out of proportion to you guys. But thats what happens when you've got money in on something and you haven't heard back from the seller. I'm sure that Airram GB had constant updates, along with the brakeline stuff. But on this? I haven't heard one word from FlyRyde about ANYTHING concerning this GB. Like I said earlier, his last activity was on the 19th on the website -- that leaves open email communication and IM (when applicable). I have no e-mails from FlyRyde, except for the automated paypal payment confirmation. I already know my payment was accepted -- why have I not received at least a "thank you" for sending the money directly from the seller? How about a small "once I've got them in stock, you'll get a tracking number" notice?

As far as it being a custom order, FlyRyde has said himself (before the 19th) that 100 units will be shipped to him / his supplier.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:24 PM

honestly, to me it seems that you are making this thing out to be way more critical then it really is. all you really needed to do was pm chris and if no response leave a thread saying that you guys would like so info on your GB. trust me GB and anything preordered is going to take a while. quite frankly your lack of appreciation for what chris is trying to do for your group makes me sick. i am glad that most ppl on this site respect one another enough to be considerate of the effort each person puts in when they offer things like this. plus think about it these are HYUNDAI i know we all like them but the market is low respectively.

Just chill and chris will take care of you and he does for all of us.

Somebody please close this thread because we owe it to chris to no longer drag this out!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:31 PM

this will be closed when chris replys to this

no one else reply until he does ill PM him a link