The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Arrrgghhhh I Hate The Snow

Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

so i go out this morning after being snowed in for a few days and i figure i'll go to the gym and get some food. well the stupid ass apt people straight plowed my car in its spot so i have to dig it out. then after i get it out i find all the glass is frozen so i can even get in my car. well i finally chip enough away to get the door open so i get in and start her up.

well i get out and im clearing the snow off the windshield and my f***in wiper arm snaps in two from the cold. WTF i've been stuck at home with no tv just a computer for the past 2 days and now here it is day3 finally stoped coming down and my f***in car is A. FROZEN and B. NOW ITS f***IN BROKEN

and i still dont have any food here and i didnt get to go work out for now 2 days in a row. the only thing i have here at all is 2 bottles of water and some beer. i'm so f***in mad right now i cant even think straight.

worse part is that i cleared all the f***in ice off the wiper arm and it wouldn go all the way down, so i clear off the base of the windshield and it still wont go down, so i figure maybe iill just push it down and POP the shit snaps.

f*** the winter and f*** snow and f*** anyone who enjoys this shit, its so f***in cold my TIRES WERE FROZEN, i had to kick ice off the rubber.

only refuge is that i found first 3 seasons of GI Joe on youtube and i can thankfully self medicate to calm down
Old 01-29-2009, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i've been watching all the scooby doo episodes on youtube snowed in. hellz yeah good times.

at least you didn't break rim like me on a huge pothole out of nowhere man. that's a trip. the next day now i'm wishing i just bought some 16's from the start. no garage like me. yeah gotta be careful with the wiper.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 AM

i know this is such bullshit because i cant even got get some from the junkyard because they will all be frozen too. so i'm stuck paying too much for such a small part. really i dont think they are worth more then $5 a peice.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You can have my spares as I mentioned in your other thread for the cost of shipping. You tell me how fast you want em.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

You could easily get one from a wrecking yard. They will clear away the snow and remove the wiper arm. Done. End of story.

The wrecking yard is not going to have their wipers stuck up in the air like yours where they will get frozen and break when you try to move them.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 AM

no theirs will be frozen solid under 2 inchs of ice where they cant get to them.......jackass. mad.gif

but even more to the point i cant go the junkyard or anywhere else because i cant move my car. and only yard that will ship them says they are 12 days behind shipping orders. otherwise i would have allready gone and got them.

edit: and as im thinking i would go and boil some water and throw it on the windsheild but i dont even have pots and pans over here. so even if i had food i couldnt cook it. so i would still be screwed
Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I haven't seen a full service wrecking yard that removes parts for you in probably 15 years. there are some that have some parts already removed and ready for sale, but it's usually transmissions, engines, and major assemblies.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 AM

^^we have like 5 of them in town its a big thing up here. just bought alternator from them for 15 bucks with warrenty, but the one i've been using lately is like 30min outside of the city and you have to go and wait in line so it allways takes like 2-3-4 hours even if you get there at like 9:30 your not getting out before noon. but they have the best prices in area

bought someone xg350 calipers from them for 10 bucks each and they gave me brackets and pads.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

That really sucks man, I cant stand it when Im cooped up like that, but stupid me decided to go to school where it's cold, lol

Whats the name of the yard if you know, sounds like somewhere I might want to check with about xg350 calipers
Old 01-29-2009, 02:25 PM

car-part.com cant give u my secret. then where am i gonna go? nana.gif