The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Amp Blew up

Old 06-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So as I posted on the custom trunk done saying I have "2500kx kicker amp" and a Alpine Type-X, god has decided to smite me. As I was driving home today, I took a turn pretty quick and i THOUGHT my amp cut out. Well soon after my subwoofer started making a "tap" sound. So I get home thinking a wire came loose or something, like usual, and pop the trunk. I turn the car off then on. As I approach my trunk, the cover of my amp literally POPPED off and started smoking. I was like "FCUKKKKKKKKKKKK". Just my luck right? mad.gif

Now let me explain. My music was the SAME volume as ALWAYS. My amp isn't even playing at HALF the wattage capable. I am frickin furiousss. Its only a year old and I hope they can fix it for minimal cost or else, "here I come EBAY" lol... Just needed to vent because of the next topic I am going to start.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Sorry to hear man, Kicker is a good brand. Ive never had any problems with them. Sucks on the bad luck! Hopefully everything will turn out fine lol