The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Am I the only one about to get off this site because people are always bashing new guys?

Old 07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Look at the people who have posted time slips....

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/times/

Look at some of the cars in the garage

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/garage/

People here have built and know what they are talking about. Dont like what people have to say when they tell you you're wrong...then the only thing left to say is good luck to you then sir!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tiburon

What I have done to it? I've said that many times : i will say it once more : ( all theses mods where installed at my oncle's garage ) I did them and he put me on the right track and gave me tips on how to do them.. )

So : N1 mufflers(2) : 150$ ebay , Cherry bomb glasspack (50$) Obx racing headers(300$) , AEM CAI ; got it for 200$ but price on the box is 400$. Touren TR3 17 inch mags with Exclaim UHP tires. 215/45/17..

Got the car repainted .. AND NOW for the guy that says he does not believe my quarter mile time???

STOCK I did ; 17,2 about 30 times .. WITHOUT MY MOM GIVING ME PERMISSION..

after exhaust and headers: I got it down to 16,6

Plus CAI : 16,5

with the intake ported I hope to reach.. around.. 16,3..
Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Moving this to the flame forum btw....
Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

slips? 60 foot times? trap speeds? mothers permission slip to race?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

please read through visionz, random and 187sks's posts. those posts will help alot..

also realize that you own a lightly modded 2003 tiburon (and overpaid on the mods at that) and it is not fast, or even quick for that matter.

and 24lb wheels.... probably should get some lighter wheels for to beat that v6 mustang.

again.. please read randoms post especially. you could be a decent guy (though i doubt it) but just ignorant and watched fast and the furious to much (or play forza alot) ... or think that we are dumb and haven't seen the same stuff from uneducated n00bs a thousand times..
Old 07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by 03tibby
N1 mufflers(2) : 150$ ebay , Cherry bomb glasspack (50$) Obx racing headers(300$) , AEM CAI ; got it for 200$ but price on the box is 400$. Touren TR3 17 inch mags with Exclaim UHP tires. 215/45/17..

I have highlighted the engine performance mods in your list. I will also assume that the rest of your exhaust is custom, not just mufflers and glasspack welded into the stock exhaust.

The custom exhaust, header (not headers unless you have the V6 and therefore a pair), and CAI probably have you sitting at about 125-135whp. That's not too bad considering that stock you would have been at around 105-120whp depending on luck of the draw.

You can estimate crank horsepower off of wheel horsepower numbers. Here the wheel horsepower numbers are estimated based on the 60-70 Hyundai dyno runs I have been present for at various levels of modification, but if you do run the car on a dyno you can do the same thing with your real numbers. They are approximate but close enough to give you a reasonably valid number to talk about without sounding like you're stupid. 1.17 is a good estimate for a manual transmission fwd car.

whp x 1.17 = crank hp

So if you got 125whp you would have about 146 crank hp. If you managed 135whp that's about 158 crank hp.

Do these numbers sound low? Yeah they sort of do. But, this is the amount of improvement that you'll typically find on these engines with these mods. That's why you'll hear over and over to not bother with N/A mods on these cars. They do offer some gains but these engines love forced induction.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

You should be driving a Evo with that kind of attitude!

Only thing i got to say to you son, is astaluego a**hole!

Also thanks for trying to flame all the crediable people on this forum, also thanks for comparing your ebay modded 03 Tib to well built older cars with atleast 3x your whp! I got to lol over ir!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

03tibby I understand that your still young and you might seems to think little mods you've done to your car is a big deal to tell you the truth those mods are not even halfway to what most of the members here have done to their cars.

Socks is one of those who got almost all kind of mods you can think of when he still have his tibby. I'm also a newbie here and he is one of those people you can ask for advice and help me build and fix up my car from all mistakes a local shops have done to my car.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

faith have you ever seen sock's car in person?

socks, would you say that your car was honestly worth that much?

but seriously, stop putting on this facade (or "frontin"), observe and report what you KNOW-... if you don't know, search thoroughly and if you can't find your answer make a post or resolve a previous post. if you want opions assume the consequences-...

don't forget we've all been 17 before, in that sense, we kinda know where you're coming from-...

hell there are members here who do nearly the same thing as you-... who are grown men.

i myself am guilty of being ignorant (rdt intro post)!!!

and 03tibby-... i don't want you to think that you're the only one who should follow this advice!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

david never saw my car in person, but you don't need to see a car in person to know what went into it (money and workwise)

and yes, I would say my car (when i had it obviously) would have been worth WAY more than a 2 year newer tiburon with I/H/E and some heavy rims