The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Advance Auto

Old 08-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

They told me to do it on the internet. Thanks, i do show intrest, applied at a bike garage!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I am a manager for Autozone - online applications allow for much more efficient applicant handling. They'll also typically include a personality test and a few other things like that. At least at our stores, the 18 year age requirement is for safety due to battery acid and other material dangers.

Also, believe what i8acobra said. People that come into my store looking for an application (which we don't have, its all online) that look like they crawled out of a car will automatically be put on the back burner. This, as well as Advanced/Oriellys are RETAIL stores, not repair shops. You'll get hired for professionalism and retail/customer service skills, but automotive knowledge is always appreciated and awarded.

So, even if you're sticking your head in the door to ask for an application, don't show up with your stereo bumping and wearing ripped up shorts and a stained Tshirt - look presentable. First impressions will always make or break you so make sure its a good one. Also, make sure as you fill out applications and resumes that you do not have any grammatical or spelling errors.

Lastly - for everybody. Please try and know what you're looking for when you come into a parts store. Or, at least know the function of the part if you do not know the name - then you and the employee can play "guess who" to come up with what it is called. The whole system is ran by the computers, and without the two of you coming up with an actual part name you might as well just leave because there are no entries in the computer for "the thing that sticks out of my exhaust pipe".