The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

7/11/07

Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yeah man, my car was in worse shape than that. Fix it!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 PM

My Tib has been in worse shape than yours at one time, it's not a bad wreck, you can get it back and repair it. Sucks to hear, though...
Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I dont think itll be totalled..that honestly doesnt look like a hard fix. Hood, bumper, possibly headlights, maybe radiator support. Fenders look fine. Frame should be okay.

And if you can find the same color parts for your car at a junkyard..youll save a lot of money.

Dont declare it total loss man, because I doubt theyll declare it as that..if they do, get your insurance money and take the car back. Its fixable. Easy as well.

Sorry about the accident and good luck.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

yeah, its just these type of accidents are weird.. it doesn't look bad, but like in xxmonoxides case, his frame was bent..

but if your frame isnt bent, the car is totally fixable..

headlights don't look broken, but trust me, the brackets on them are.. they COULD be salvaged, but woulnd't be the same.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Thanks for all the support, right now the car is over an hour away from me so I really can't get any pics. From what I saw under the hood, everything from the exhuast manifold forward is completely gone. I'm waiting on the insurance claims and sh*t, but what's going to really slow the process is the police report is going to take a min. of 7-10 days, thank you NJ state police, so there's really nothing I can do until then. I am grateful that a copp saw the whole thing and rather pin the blame on a 19 yr old kid in a red car, realized it was the others guy fault.

How it happened was, I was on a busy road. There are several roads in NJ where the roads get there name. I was on one of them, for all that know route 202 to be exact. I had just gotten out of a construction lane, sped up but then noticed a copp about to merge onto route 202. As I passed him, I lowered my speed to 60ish, whereas the speed limit is 55. I was approaching an intersection and the guy in the right lane was suddenly merging into the left lane to make a left. This is an illegal left turn, if he stayed on the right side for about 20 more feet he would have seen the jughandle to cross the intersection or make a u-turn. My guess he didn't check his blind spots because at this point I slammed the clutch and the brake while blowing the horn and swearing all while hitting his impala. Don't know what year but his cars fine whereas mine is, well, yea aha. Immediately I saw the copps lights on in my rear view mirror, and knew he had seen the whole thing. I don't know how, but the door was sealed shut and I had to kick it out, works fine now though, as I got out gave the copp my info and he goes up to the guy going, "You can't make a left turn here!" and the guy goes, "I'm sorry, my oldness makes me slow." Copp pulled him aside and told me to get in the car as he pushed me to the shoulder and info was exchanged and so forth. I think the copp saw my rage and he was even pissed for that lame excuse and I guess that's why he told me to get back in my car so I didn't blow up on him. I'm alright though, but my adrenaline had the best of me at the scene. I was so talkative and so forth. I'll have more info on the car later, but from what the shop guys say, it's totaled. crazy.gif
Old 07-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

if its totalled, i recommend you take the insurance check, and work out a way to buy the car back for cheap, and fix it up. should be able to get like 6000$ for it if they total it out.. hopefully you could buy it back for under 1500$, then get about 2000$ in parts and paint, and you would have a new car..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i'm going to call no frame damage on this one. the hit looks to be too high to be worried about that.

monoxide's was car on car, therefore lower damage where you hit the truck i think that saved your azz man.

read the entire story after posting and even though it is TOTALLY his fault Gerneral Motors screwed up on the newer Impala's. they have such a huge blind spot in the azz end its pitiful. had one as a rental car one time and had to get nearly 3/4 car length out of a diagonal parking stall to see traffic coming to me.

whenever i see one of them near me I slow down and watch his azz more than anyone else on the road, due to memory of that fricking huge blindspot.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jul 11 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if its totalled, i recommend you take the insurance check, and work out a way to buy the car back for cheap, and fix it up. should be able to get like 6000$ for it if they total it out.. hopefully you could buy it back for under 1500$, then get about 2000$ in parts and paint, and you would have a new car..</div>

That's actually a good idea. I may look into that, but time will tell.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the fenders look like they're in good shape and can be salvaged. The only thing might be the passenger side, it could be messed up at the point where the front bumper mounts to the fender.

Headlights: junk yard or someone selling pre-installed angel eyes.
Hood: CF
Front bumper: complete body kit
Radiator: $350 I believe brand new installed from dealership (had one replaced a year or so ago)
Corners: $70 clear corners
Radiator Fans: aftermarket FAL fans ($270?)

i highly doubt frame damage

If it's totalled, I would take the check and sell the car as is to someone else. Really not a hard or expensive fix. Engine should be fine. Should NOT be totaled. Use this as a chance to upgrade your car at the other driver's expense. I'm sure another member in the northeast wouldn't mind buying the car from you if you want it totalled out
Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM

I know the air duct and that whole filter is crushed. When I peaked under the hood I saw that pushed to the engine. Like I said, time will tell and I really havn't had a good look at the car. I don't know when I'll get up there next but I need to since I forgot some stuff in it...