The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

3rd Genners

Old 08-25-2003, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiJVX)</div><div class='quotemain'>Josh, it amazing, you tell people not to buy something, and they still do.

Working at Best Buy, I tell people all the time that somethings are complete crap, and that even though something else costs a more, it IS in fact worth it. Then they still buy the cheapest E-Machine in the place and are back a week later because the whole damn motherboard looks like a burned potato chip.</div>

I used to sell computers a few years back, I sold (I didn't recommend, but watched them being sold) a ton of E-machines computers, laptops and monitors......I rarely had one come back, though everyone still says they're junk. Hmmmm.... Ever take one apart? I did, saw a lot of brand name components. Same RAM PNY uses, Maxtor hard drives, etc....
Old 08-25-2003, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: Honda

AllBlack - For every computer we sell, we offer to open it up and turn it on, make sure it works, explain how to hook it up and so on. There have been COUNTLESS times where we have plugged in an E-Machine and heard "POP!" Sure enough the whole motherboard is blown. We've had this happen and then people still don't get the service plan. Honestly, I am a firm believer in building your own computer (or just buy an Apple), but we get the least hardware problems with Sony, but people are always confused with their software.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Apples blow.

But so do 3rd Gens owners.

Back to the subject!
Old 08-28-2003, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I saw your post Spike and I thought it was gonna be a flame. I remember when you had your 2nd gen, that will be cool if you get another one sometime! laugh.gif
Old 09-02-2003, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 1999 BMW 328i

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, the entire "The 03 brought Hyundai Tuning around'.

My ass. The 2nd gen did for the US. Then just like Honduh's, everyone started noticing that Tiburons have been around awhile, and you can modify them pretty good. Now look at the market. There's ALOT of parts out there for us. More than when I started, that's fo sho.</div>

oh c'mon, people were throwing DSM engines into sonatas long before the tiburon was available. laugh.gif
Old 09-02-2003, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What's a Sonata?

Isn't that a Taxi?

wink.gif
Old 09-06-2003, 01:56 PM

I still prefer my first gen car (second gen underneath due to it's being one of the last production 1st gen cars). I have found more than one 3rd gen hyundai owner staring at me down his nose... can't wait until the Ripp Mods supercharger is out and in my car... that will put the weak v6 in it's place.

I do admit that there is so much different between the 2nd and 3rd gen that they could have called the Tiburon a totally different name (Sort of like VW with the Scirocco and the Corrado) There really is not a lot in common between the two cars except the beta engine on the four cylinder cars and the name. Still, there is no need to be so vehement about hating us.. and vice versa.