The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

00 Tiburon Complaints...

Old 05-12-2005, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

i posted a thread about ride quality awhile ago too .. everyone thought i was nuts

i also read (i believe OP said it) that the eibachs in his car made the 'city' ride (bumps, potholes, bad roads..) a LOT smoother.
imo, the tib is like a fing bicycle, you can feel EVERYTHING.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:04 PM

^^^ Mine did too UNTIL I added the sway bars and strut bars.

-Edit-

Op also didnt have the springs and struts I think
Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM

Oh my, well one of these days I must take you for a ride over the bumps in my car and feel how severe they are.tongue.gif Zoned will probably agree with me hear. The sound is just...ack. My car is all stock except for the 17's, clear corners, and CAI.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:06 PM

17s make your ride even worse bro.

ultra, thought u just said u didn't have strut bars?
so you're saying that you can improve ride quality (i want something to absorb all the damn bumps, i feel like i have no shocks at all!) by getting springs, struts, and sway bars?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

how many miles do you guys have on your cars stock struts/springs?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:14 PM

Around 58K
Old 05-12-2005, 08:14 PM

lol, 115k
Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

actually 2000's come with upgraded ECU's. i'm probably going to just swap my ECU with a 2000 ECU. the gear timing is so much better and the engines are quieter and more powerful.

the steering difficulty is just because you are used to it. ride another car for a day, then hop in your car. you will find out you have no problem. second, the steering wheels/hubs in sporty cars have a lower angle than sedans meaning you sit lower so naturally the steering is going to be heavier.

if you think your gears are bad, it's because of automatic transmission. i hate my automatic transmission. i despise it. stick shift tiburons are the way to go. they have more power, more freedom, more play. ack auto. ah well... it IS easier... and i'm talking from experience from driving a 5-sp Elantra for many years.

as for the choppy ride, what else do you expect from a hyundai in 2000? lol... you get what you pay for. i have had a dumb stupid people say they hated my car because it was a rough ride and it was noisy. obviously they haven't sat in many sporty cars!!

ultimately, our cars handle very well. the steering wheel may be a little harder than other cars, the car itself is very responsive. tiburons do oversteer a bit, but you forget that that compensates for understeering. we can take 90ยบ turns at very high speeds. i've scared friends making abrupt moves like u-turns at high speeds--which normally they could not do with their cars. speaking of compensation, we have ultimate control over our cars. any quick decision, any quick sudden move that requires flexibility, veer, sway, motion, cornering, braking we can do with the highest sensation and performance. we can feel the car as a whole. we become the car.

my complaint is the 2000 tiburon itself. i'm sorry to all 2000-2001 owners, but why the heck did they make the small foglights square... and the headlights circles. and all those unecessary lines in the bumper, those bug eyed H7 WTF lights which you annot balance for your life, a rear window with useless bolts in the window which rust to mad hell, a fourth brake light you don't need, and a rear bumper with plastic-meshed opening sticking out, alloy rims that would be the first to go if i owned a 2000, the once sexy curvy interior totally looking like plastic toys for toddlers... yikes. don't get me wrong, but i think the koreans took the curvy sleek HCD California beach based "Coupe" and bent the rules a little. the Tiburon was a great remake of the Scoupe. They just took the bends and made them into curves. Where did the 2000 Tiburon come from? My sister has a 2000, and when I hop back into my car from hers, it's back to the basics. Simple. Clean. Everything is where it needs to be and no more. Handles are handles, buttons are buttons, knobs are knobs no exageration.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eibachs lower the car and have a higher spring rate. The only way it would improve ride quality over stock springs is if your stock springs were in bad shape. And for the stock springs to get to be in bad shape, the entire spring assembly (struts, bushings, etc.) have to be fried as well. My Tib rides extremely quiet over bumps. Sure you can feel a pothole when you hit it, and you can't go over most railroad tracks over 20mph, but its not like it kills you.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:19 PM

well, i guess my struts/springs/shocks must all be gettin on that last leg huh? who has suggestions?
kyb/eibach are in my price range, but i would rather not lower my car that much..it's already low with the sideskirts.