Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wheel Shaking While Accelerating?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

im gonna say wheel bearing. i've replaced 6 wheel bearings in the 3 years i've owned the car. they do go out and they do it alot. also when you check them make sure the hubs are in proper order. once my actual hub was worn and bent and it kept wearing out the bearing. took me 2 bearings to realize the hub was screwed up.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Ok I am starting to think some of the vibrations may actually be slight wheel hopping. It is only noticeable during hard accelerations. How common is this wheel hopping on our tibs?

As for the motor mounts, those are definitely shot. I can hear the engine clunk when ever I accelerat or decelerate. I will have to take a closer look this Saturday. Where is the transmission mount located? Thanks for all the assistance on this thread so far.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Wheel hop: easy with a standard, you have to try for it with an automatic. Depends somewhat on road surface

There are 2 mounts on the sides that you can see from the top, 2 mounts on the bottom front/back that are bolted to the crossmember
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM

more then likely its the roll stop at the back of the motor to the subframe.

all of the betas seem to wear that one out the fastest.

still think part of your problem is from an axel....wheel hop is only going to be felt at launch..not with average driving or even flooring it while moving. unless you are putting down some serious power.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 AM

Update: I finally replaced the transmission mount next to the driver side wheel.

The good: The shaking actually minimized some what. Also no more clunking sound.

The bad: Did some spirited driving to ensure it was a bad transmission mount causing my issues. Well during my driving I think I broke the new transmission mount. You have to be kidding me - blowing a new mount in less than 30 minutes!??

I am going to have to take the mount off on Jan 1st to examing it, good thing it comes with a warranty.