Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

What size spacers?

Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default What size spacers?

Hi guys

I have an RD2 with 17x7 rims, 205/40/17 tires, and no drop. I might lower it this summer with Eibachs but it depends on funds first since I just moved into a new place. I would like to get spacers since they're pretty cheap. I dont like how my rim and tires are not flush with the fenders. What size spacers would be good for me to get? And will I need to get longer lug nuts and bolts or can I just use the stock ones I have now?

Thanks for the help.

Oh and one other question. Will spacers put any additional wear and tear on the suspension or turning components or wheel bearings?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Since you already have the wheels and tires, measure the distance on your car. Over about 10mm you'll need longer lug studs, or a design that you bolt on that has it's own studs.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Check the classifieds, I have wheel spacers FS but they aren't cheap ebay sh*t. These are hand made quality parts that won't cause wear and tear on your suspension and drive train components. MSG if your interested.