Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Tiburon Handeling / Performance

Old 12-15-2001, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good... but i wonder what kinda mods those cars are running (motarola cup)

i got the front and rear strut bars in now.. it helped handling... i just found out about this under one... i dunno where that attaches to (where does it ??????!?!?) and i also found anti-roll bars.. i think im gonna pick up those too... and spring..
but do you guys recommend springs or cheap coilovers (cuz i aint got 2000 for a true coilover system right now)

what u guys recommend???
Old 12-15-2001, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

When it come to a cheap coilover setup, you get what you pay for.

The under strut brace connects to the lower front suspension. It ties the lower front end together like the upper strut tower brace does, just from underneath.

If you are looking for a decent suspension, the Eibach spring/strut combo is hard to beat. If you REALLY want coilovers, Shark Racing will be carrying a set within 2-3 months. They are custom made for the Tiburon and Elantra. They allow you to raise the ride height by about 1", and allow you to lower it 4". All keeping the stock supension travel. The system will use adjustable dampners, however you will have to remove the coilovers to change the dampening rates. They will be able to be ordered in several ride qualities. Stiff, medium, soft, or plush (like stock). The ride quality changes are made by using different springs, and by adjusting the strut's dampening charastics. In theory you could order several spring sets, and do the ride quality changes yourself, however, to do so, you must remove the coilover setup, so it is unlikey that many people will choose this option. This option will also add to the cost of the setup. The more springs you order, the more expensive the setup would be.

I'm going to be ordering a soft setup, which is only slightly stiffer than stock, then also buying a set of stiff springs for race track days. I will probably keep the "soft" setup for drag use though.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:07 AM

sounds good... but how do you order stiff springs... from what i see there all the same .. no ??

i was looking at the Sachs BOGE shocks and the koni shocks for my tibby, but the question i have is which is better or should i just get dampers? but then the thing is.. what are dampers in comparison to shocks and are they really that much better?

also im picking up the under strut bar... sounds good to me ; )
Old 12-16-2001, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Eibach SRS springs are available in a varitey of spring rates. from 100 PSI to 900 PSI. However, they will NOT work with our normal struts, but they will work with the coilovers I'm having made.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:29 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

I suggest you learn a bit more about suspensions before you start changing stuff around. Theres a really good book on the subject called How to Make Your Car Handle, by Fred Puhn. Some of the info is a bit dated, but all in all it is very informative.

Also, KORE is currently carrying true coilovers for tiburons. I am not sure of the specs on it, but the best place to find out is on www.hyundaiperformance.com in the KORE forum.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:35 AM

thanx guys..

yeah i know i gotta learn more on it.. all i know is my old 944 was incredible in handeling and i want my tibby to match it.. if not.. beat it
Old 12-17-2001, 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

If i came off as an ass in the last post, i'm sorry. I just re-read it and that wasn't my intention. But do get the book, its great, and makes for good reading on the can.

As for bettering the handling of a 944, good luck, i think your gonna need it. lol
Old 12-17-2001, 09:17 AM

lol

i dint think u were commin off as an ass. i meant it.. Thanx wink.gif.. really ; )

i bought the book alrady.. lol smile.gif

yeah i know .. im gonna need it wink.gif
but its my goal ; ).. also to make it as fast.. hehe wink.gif