Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

suspension upgrade?

Old 09-30-2003, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with all the MASSIVE power i will be making, it seems i will be needing to get that power to stick to the ground.

i was thinking more on the lines of a nice coil over system.

what would any of you suggest? i looked at a few kits like H & R.

i am looking for stiffness so i can stop the squatting on launch but i am also looking at ride quality for around town driving.

is there a happy medium?

i may try to get into some auto cross later on so i know i will be doing sway bars and anti roll bars.

right now i have the pro kit lowering springs and the front and rear strut bars from shark racing..... i ordered those a long time ago when they actually shipped stuff on time....

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:57 PM

well.. stress bars and sway (same as anti roll) bars should not do much to your "comfort" levels of your car... it is only stiffer tyres, larger rims, and stiffer shocks and performance springs that do that.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

If you have the money get the Quest race coilovers. Fully adjustable (corner balance, ride height, and damping level, and camber on the front) so you can change them for softer ride on the street but meet your performance needs for auto-x. I would recommend the eibach anti-roll bars.

Tires will make the biggest difference in getting power to the ground. There are many good street compound tires out there but two of best "Summer/performance" tires out there are the Kuhmo MX and the Falken Azenis Sport. Performance comes at the cost of tire life, however.

If you are having serious tire hop/spin you'll need to do something about you engine mounts and install an LSD (i.e. Quaiffe).
Old 10-01-2003, 02:06 AM

QUOTE (SPIKE)
If you have the money get the Quest race coilovers. Fully adjustable (corner balance, ride height, and damping level, and camber on the front) so you can change them for softer ride on the street but meet your performance needs for auto-x. I would recommend the eibach anti-roll bars.

I am actually in talks (or trying) to get them to sell me some I have a request on the KORE message board to get a good number of people

I can hopefully get some and get more people great suspension parts from Quest

i will be down for the full race coil overs around january.