Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

just got new toys

Old 10-02-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it aint nuttin special. i picked up some KVR carbon fibre break pads and KVR drilled rotors along with a drift king video from my near by race zone.

to bad we could'nt drift in a front wheel drive

now maybe i will stop a little better when i come off that 13 second run.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default just got new toys

SHWEET
Old 10-02-2003, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Can you post some pics? How about prices?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:10 PM

the only thing i lack in my life is a digi cam, i spend all my money on my car it seems. maybe i will pick one up this week, if i do i will have pics before and after i put them on.

as for prices, it was 90 bucks for the rotors and 60 bucks for the pads.

would painting my calipers be ricey? i was thinking of getting that red caliper paint but i dont know if that would look dumb or not.

what do you all think?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default re

I think painting the calibers adds a cool touch to the car. I don't think it would be ricey, after all, most of the sports cars come with painted calipers.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:22 PM

yea, i think i will do a weekend project and get some caliper paint, a digi cam and a 12 pack of beer.....maybe a little more beer won't hurt but we shall see.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

my car is black and im got some blue caliper paint. i think it will look cool, just need to find some time for it. ive heard not to get the caliper spray pain t though, as u will have to respray it every year because it will fade.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:26 PM

actually.. It IS possible to drift a front wheel drive car.. it just takes more effort. Obviously, the power on modes of drifting do not work.. but we have a different method that rear driver's don't.. we can ride the brakes into a corner while still on the power.. sure fire way to bring the rear around...
Old 10-02-2003, 03:32 PM

yes please post some pics , I am going to order KVR stuff soon, I would like to see how they look. what colour did you get for the middle of the rotors?
I sprayed my calipers and they look great, i hope they don't fade over the winter. I guess I will find out come spring.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:51 AM

the rotors are the bronze color, i will paint my calipers red even though it seems like most people paint them red. i have a red and white thing going on with te car right now so i guess i will stick with it.

as for drifting in a front wheel drive, would'nt it actually be power sliding? i thought a true drift was to break out the rear end and then power out of it while smoking the tires.

i guess no matter how you look at it as long as the rear of the car is drifting outwards then it would be a drift. to bad i could'nt find a road track to try it out, looks like a lot of fun.

the dvd i bought today was the drift bible, it was pretty cool. they actually walk you through the basics of drifting. i would probably end up messin my car up if i tried that stuff. i think i will stick with the straight line for now.