Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Suspension Modification For Drag Racing

Old 08-06-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent

I'm not sure if you caught this but I did pretty much everything you said, solid mounts, traction bars, new struts with springs, and drag radials. This stopped the hop at the track, it just spins. I'm running a turbo now which is causing traction issues but at higher speeds and not out of the hole like before.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

What are you using to manage AFR for you turbo setup? If it has a good realtime mapping program it would be better to use the boost curve to help get the fastest track times. But more then not it sounds like your power is now putting you at the need to get a good Limited Slip. and I would go with a quaiffe unit if you can afford it, If it is strictly a drag car maybe even welding the diff but only if it is a dedicated drag car. Oh and try avoiding the water pit and running a dry tire for some fwd cars this actually improves your times just be careful because your wheel hop may return...