Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Struts?

Old 09-15-2004, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: Offical RDTuners GB

The quest coilovers are very nice and the car is very responsive and fun (and safer) to drive but it's definately racing suspension.

The ride is not comfortable on a daily basis. I tolerated the ride because I needed the performance from the suspension for autocross. But since I'm not autocrossing anymore, I'd rather the car be comfortable to ride in.

So I thought to find some basically OEM spec struts (which KYB, Sach, and Monroe are) and reinstall the stock setup and sell the Quest stuff. Though I don't even know if anyone will buy it at the $900 I was going to "list" it for.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RWD Tibs???

Well, if you want comfort, but quality comfort (the OEM suspension sucks rocks, it's the worse that comes std on a Tib) you can go to Eibach ProKit springs and shocks (or those springs with KYB shocks, which are less expensive). That way you would have a comfortable ride with controled body roll. Eibachs do not feel much stiffer than the OEM because as they are progressive first part of compression is softn and then they get stiffer so you don't get body roll excess. I've had Eibach and H&R, Eibachs are softer, yet reduce body roll a lot.
You probably already know al these, but I just wanted to throw my 2c in so you don't end up with a suspension setup you don't like because it is the other extreme of the scale.
Good luck with your decission.