Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Spring Tech Lowering Springs

Old 10-23-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any experience with these?....and are these really going to fit my car because it also says 1997-200 elentra? i might get these for my rd1 but i am looking for some feedback first.

heres the link.....Springtech Springs
Old 10-23-2005, 07:21 PM

get eibach pro kit will lower and u can still put wheels on your car with no problem

(Btw link no working for me))
Old 10-23-2005, 07:28 PM

Nooooooooo, don't do this. fits 1997-2005 tiburon 4 & 6 cyl, I don't get it, how it can be?

I think you should go for a known brand for such a modification, eibach or h&r (I just put h&r a month ago and the car feels great, no rough ride etc.)[/size]
[size="5"]
Old 10-23-2005, 07:47 PM

If you're on ebay looking for cheaper springs, also watch out for Sprint Springs... they're cheap, and they do work, but the back springs don't fit perfectly into the perches... The springs are literally 1/8" too wide in diameter.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:28 PM

Bah, f*** that doode.

If you are looking into a spring drop I would go with one of these three: Eibach Prokit (1.2" drop), H&R sport springs (1.5-1.6" drop), or Intrax lowering springs (1.75" drop)

You can also go with B&G which lowers the same amount as Intrax. But I heard the Intrax is of better quality.

Personally I'm lowering my car with Intrax because of the way they look/perform on our Tibs. The only problem with dropping it 1.75" is that your tire may rub against your fender wall if you pick up some speed and make a right turn going uphill.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:24 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

one member of the quebec forums got a set for his car nand brought them to me for the instalaltion..
piece of crap..
the rear one were too short,when the suspension was fully extended the coil was "loose"
the front one weren't cut in the right location,meaning that they didn't sit right on the top plates

he got another set for free and they were the same
edit..
the brand name was canuck motorsport... but i'm quite sure it had spring tech on the box also,spring were red colored
Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 PM

QUOTE (prettytibby @ Oct 23 2005, 05:47 PM)
Has anyone had any experience with these?....and are these really going to fit my car because it also says 1997-200 elentra? i might get these for my rd1 but i am looking for some feedback first.

heres the link.....Springtech Springs

Link's not working for me either
But yeah 96-2000 Elantra (RD sedans) will fit our 97-01 Tiburon RD Coupes
But these things sound like a Piece of crap, DON'T GET THEM!!!

QUOTE (2pacalypse @ Oct 23 2005, 08:28 PM)
Nooooooooo, don't do this. fits 1997-2005 tiburon 4 & 6 cyl, I don't get it, how it can be?

I think you should go for a known brand for such a modification, eibach or h&r (I just put h&r a month ago and the car feels great, no rough ride etc.)[/size]
[size="5"]

Yeah, 97-05 ARE DEFINETLY NOT THE SAME SPRINGS!!!
These are starting to sound like they are CRAP

QUOTE (2kShark @ Oct 23 2005, 09:28 PM)
Bah, f*** that doode.

If you are looking into a spring drop I would go with one of these three: Eibach Prokit (1.2" drop), H&R sport springs (1.5-1.6" drop), or Intrax lowering springs (1.75" drop)

You can also go with B&G which lowers the same amount as Intrax. But I heard the Intrax is of better quality.

Personally I'm lowering my car with Intrax because of the way they look/perform on our Tibs. The only problem with dropping it 1.75" is that your tire may rub against your fender wall if you pick up some speed and make a right turn going uphill.

Intrax gives it a nice drop, but yeah, you're gonna rub especially if you have 17's, cuz they settle to like 2" to 2 1/4"

I have the Eibach Pro Kit Springs myself and I have NO complaints!
Stick with a trusted name, Eibach, B&G or H&R
fing02.gif