Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rear Sway Bar Installed Today

Old 10-15-2005, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i installed the rear sway bar today and all i can say is WOW. it makes a huge difference in how the car turns. i cant wait to get the front done. btw i know the front sway bar is hard to install but what makes it so hard to install? i think i remember someone telling me about the tranny getting in the way or something.....

anyways, if u want handling u want to get some sway bars for sure! almost all the roll is out of the car now smile.gif. cant imagine with the front smile.gif. thanks to all who recommended the eibach antiroll kit, love it!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:00 PM

I'm about to install mine also. Any insight onto making the front anti-sway bar install easier would be great hail.gif
Old 10-15-2005, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

take out the 3 i think control arm bolts. that will give enough clearance to get the old one out and the new one in, as long as you dont care about scratching it up.

its still a b**** though.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

alright will do. ill give it a try tomorrow. does it take like say 1-2 hrs since its so hard?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:28 PM

atleast.

if you are by yourself, multiply the time by atleast two. you need another person on the opposite side to make sure you're twisting it in the right direction.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:15 PM

I will just wait until spring when the car is getting a whole new suspension. Struts and springs (eibach) Sway bars, and the Yaya bushings.. I MIGHT even see about getting some new control arms and having them powdercoated so they do not rust.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:23 PM

i would seriously consider the ksport coilovers if i were you mad. they would be just about the same price as the eibach springs/struts with a ton more adjustability.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I un-bolted the trans/engine mount in the rear and just pryed the engine/trans forward a bit, I also removed one of the steering knuckles from the struts to help make room for the sway bar ends when trying to get them into the correct position. Expect many scratches in the red coating, but it is like powder-coated so the scratches don't go all the way through. Good luck man, and you will need someone else's help for about 20 minutes I would say. The hardest part is after you have it slid in all the way, and you need to spin it to fit correctly. Make sure you remember how the stock one came out, because the bar is not straight, it has a recess for the engine. Good luck. cool.gif
Old 10-25-2005, 10:49 AM

the side of the bar with the divet in it goes on the drivers side. its for the tranny.

i just lowered the control arms and was able to get it in. got it to a point where it could almost squeeze by the tranny, then had a friend hammer on the top of it through the engine bay(with the stock rear bar...lol) while i pulled it towards the driver side. popped right through.