Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Spacers

Old 07-05-2005, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Yes, I have 8mm spacers with the stock studs.

I've heard of some people just getting away with 10mm spacers on stock studs too. I believe 3 full turns of the nut are needed but more is always better.

Skinnywallet, sorry I have no experience with any of the Sharkracing products. From what I've read though the quality of their products is good but the quality of their service is pretty awful.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM

^^^ if you got some pics lying around showing a close up of your wheels on your car that way we can all take a look at how much stud is left on an 8mm spacer that would be awesome

and yeea shark racing products whether they rename other products to their own or not are pretty good products but like mentioned above, its their service that killed them
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM

Sorry mate but this is the only pic I could find that even shows a spacer. I don't have any pics of the spacer on the hub without the wheel on, nor do I have any pics of the wheel & spacer on but without the nuts.

Take my word for it though... Plenty of thread left with 8mm spacers fing02.gif
Old 07-06-2005, 11:44 PM

do you have captive rotors? and if you do, do you have a set of rims that you put on those rotors with the spacer? i know in the pic it shows a stock wheel, but im just wondering cause if the spacer solved your captive problem i might go with that idea.
thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 07:35 AM

^ Yes, mine are captive & that is the reason for the spacers, although I still have not bought the rims that I want to get.

Back when I started looking for rims, I found out our 4 x 114.3 patern limited my choices enough, without also having to worry about drilling the back of the rims to get them to fit.

The spacers have been on my car (on & off, to evaluate the differences) for... I forget exactly but nearly a year now & I've had no problems.