Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Sma Coil Springs ?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

what's so great about HKS's? I got em' on my black tib, they were the cheapest ones on eBay when I was shopping around at the time (2 years ago...)

Have they quadrupled in price or something? saweeet... I got a set for sale then, LOL.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Jul 17 2007, 10:57 AM)
Hell no I wouldn't pay $150 more. The only way I'd pay that much is if they were custom tensioned for my racing needs. These aren't. They most likely have the same specs as any other spring on the market.

And Redz, you didn't pay $400 for your HKS. More like $50 through a lucky find.

I never said I paid $400 for them. Actually, I made $200 by buying 2 sets and selling one.

Patrizzle, it's not that, it's the Hard Rated springs, HKS only ever imported like 10 sets of them, so they are hard to find.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I'm just wondering how you guys can promote and shove this expensive product on the new guy when there's no valid proof or documentation to any of the claims that they're "better" or "harder" or whatever. Until there's some kind of spec sheet on these, I'd save the $175 and get H&R's or Eibach's which are KNOWN to be of great quality and handling, not to mention cost half as much.

If SFR wanted to justify the cost to us, then they'd send a set over for demo on a track or autocross or whatever for comparison tests.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup. And that's why I said earlier, when Jay gets back, I can get more info on them if ya'll want.

As for sending a set, I'm going to contact him and see if I can get one set for testing.

Eibachs are great, I've never said otherwise, I had them on my RD1 I'd get a set of these because that's the way I am, I like to have stuff no one else does, the rarer, the better.

Thta's enough about all of this stuff though, let's wait for further comment till we get some info.