Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Are pillowball mounts worth the money to buy?

Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Tib GT V6
Default Are pillowball mounts worth the money to buy?

I have Tein springs on my tib now and Ive heard mixed reviews on whether pillowball mounts are worth the money like these

http://www.intenseperformanceaccesso...id=p607-c29429

Pillowball upper mounts are designed to offer greater feed back by eliminating the deflection in OEM rubber bushings. A NWB spherical bearing is used in place of the rubber bushing, which allows for improved tire grip and more accurate wheel alignment. In vehicles with front strut type suspension, an adjustable camber plate is incorporated into the upper mount. Degrees of adjustment will range depending on application.

I have decent tires and my alignment is perfect. So why would these be beneficial to have if I already have Tein lowering springs? Are they basically for people who auto cross and race or do regular street driven cars have a need for them?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You don't strictly NEED suspension on a car at all. Or rubber tires. You quoted the reason: greater operator feedback as to what is going on with the car. If you want that and think you might need it to increase speed or decrease lap times, go for it. Otherwise, it's going to offer a slightly worse ride on the street.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Go Full CO it isnt bad, I go Pro K-Sports!!

they have held up amazing, and in literally about 52.5 seconds, i can go from street comfort to race ready...
Old 11-26-2010, 03:58 AM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Originally Posted by Kat03Tib
I have Tein springs on my tib now and Ive heard mixed reviews on whether pillowball mounts are worth the money like these

http://www.intenseperformanceaccesso...id=p607-c29429

I have decent tires and my alignment is perfect. So why would these be beneficial to have if I already have Tein lowering springs? Are they basically for people who auto cross and race or do regular street driven cars have a need for them?

Well, let's ask the hard question first and get it out of the way: what do you want the car to do, and what compromises are you willing to make to get there?