Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Opinion On Rims Needed

Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cobalt blue tib(as you can tell by sig), am looking at 3 possibilities for rims(fairly sure they all fit). Bronze Motegi LC5's, Silver OZ superleggeras, or silver Racing Hart C5's(not positive on last ones fitment). Opinions folks? I like how they all look, and I used one of the wheel configurer deals online to see the LC5's and the superleggera's on car, but just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

John
Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the tib isn't displayed on the sig, if you could link or post pics of it that would be nice.

i'd go with the o.z. supertourismo. it really depends on what you like. 5 spoke, multispoke, or just plain jagged.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

The Motegis look pretty cool but I reckon the spokes are too wide... Same goes for the Racing Harts.

So, of the three that you are considering I'd definitely go for the Superleggeras. I don't think they come in black but if they do, get 'em in black.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I have 17 x 7.5 Racing Hart C2's. They are wider than most 17's for our cars, so there might be a slight problem. My tires (215/45/17 I believe) rubbed my front fenders at first. I wore the tread down after about 2 weeks and it stopped rubbing. It would catch the fender lip when i would hit a bump/dip while turning the wheels. It roughed up the fender lip pretty good... I am NOT Lowered by the way. Being 7.5 inches wide does make a difference... you could always just get smaller tires (205/40) but I prefer as much rubber as possible.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Does anyone have bronze rims on a blue tib? Or think they look good? I love the bronze rims on STI's and such, was thinking of bronze for mine possibly.