Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ok, I'm Starting To Get Frustrated

Old 12-06-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

OK so I bought my tibby used (99 SE, 90000KM), and ever since I got it, it pulls right, quite hard. It doesn't matter which lane of the road I'm on, or which way the wind is blowing, tire pressure is AOK... I got a wheel alignment done, and at first I thought it was better, and then after a quick U turn, it was back to how it originally was (No, I didnt hit any curb doing the U-Turn,.. it was open highway,.. So i'm guessing the U-turn changing the pull was all my imagination??) When I bought the car, the previous owner told me it had some front end damage previously, specifically on the right side. I'm running out of ideas as to why it is pulling, and it is getting quite annoying. Could it be the frame? bearing?
Help Please fing02.gif
Old 12-06-2005, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The frame may be damaged on that side...

Or maybe the powersteering pump could be a culprit... when was the last time you checked the fluid?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

a bad tire could cause a pull too
Old 12-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Um, never checked the power steering fluid,.. should probably do that. How would that cause this though?

equal pressure in all 4 tires,.. it doesnt shake to bad either,.. could it still be the tire?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

check bushings, worn bushings may change your alignment all the time.

I would recommend you inspecting whole suspension.

I think even if frame is bent good alignment should eliminate that problem, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm just running by ideas, this really isn't something I know too much about. If the fluid is low, it might cause problems with steering. Same if the pump itself is going bad.

If a tire has a flat spot, is worn, etc. it can cause pulling problems no matter if its properly inflated or not.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 PM

Exactly how would I check my bushings? And exactly what can I inspect on the whole suspension. (I dont have to pay shop rate somewere do I?)

My friend had an old chevette, and it started pulling to the side and shaking to bits just after he had fixed it up from an accident. turns out one side was 1.5" shorter! (that would for sure screw up the steering i would think...) I would also think that if a frame was twisted, it would put more strain on one wheel, causing pull to one side...

The tires apear to have worn quite evenly on both sides,... if it was a major flat spot, I'd assume it would shake like unreal, but I may as well give the tires a look over.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

probably low PS fluid level will do nothing to pulling to a side. It will be like you don't have PS.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 PM

Ya, that's what I was thinking.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

ok i might be wrong so somone correct me if i am.

if a wheel bearing goes out it will throw your car out of alignment sorta beacause the hub is able to move wich as u said u take a turn and the alignment went back. well if u are driving straight and the hub can move wouldnt it make the wheels do this

|---- / ?

|----|

when i tried to put a 2000 hub on a 97 spindle the hub would move horizontaly and verticly. maybe this is your broblem? bad bearing or wrong spindle even? maybe when they fixed it they put junk parts that look the same but are a lil diferent?