Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

ohh geez what next?

Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No they weren't balanced correctly that's why I was going to go back and have them look at it again. I've only had the tib 6 months...never had an alignment (I know I know thats not good). And yes, to enter and leave my house and my work I have to go over a huge lip type thing. (Its sucks!!!)
I paid $140 for the first two tires total (install/mounting) and their giving me back 100. So I lost $40.

Sorry Kit, I'm from southern Indiana, Evansville! lol nice try tho!

I have a lot of close guy friends and their trying to help but none of them are good with imports. Not to mention the place I took it to the first time was recomended by one of them...(didn't help)
Old 02-23-2005, 09:07 PM

Not that I am trying to throw work their way... got a sears near you? I find that they do some good tire work. A dealer might be a good place to at least have the car appraised for what is causing the pull... you can always decide not to have the work done after getting a quote.

Either way, bring a mechanically inclined friend with you. A LOT of garages will try and take advantage of somebody who is mechanically challenged. Unfortunatly that includes a lot of women.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
Not that I am trying to throw work their way... got a sears near you? I find that they do some good tire work.
lol. good ol' sears.

but yea.. if you end up goin to sears for the tires, ask for a "front end check." they check everything having to do w/ the suspension. Tie Rods, ball joints, CV axles, struts, springs, bearings, yadda yadda yadda... and it's freeeeeeeee.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (blkattack00)
I have a lot of close guy friends and their trying to help but none of them are good with imports. Not to mention the place I took it to the first time was recomended by one of them...(didn't help)

Hrmm, your guy friends know about cars but arent good with imports? Just because a car came from a different country dosent mean that they dont work exactally like ones from this country tongue.gif

Like Mad said, get a couple quotes.... their usually free and its a good indication of how the shop works / if they are trying to rip you off.

QUOTE (blkattack00)
They said that my front left ball bearing was bent or crooked

Ball joint or wheel bearing? Is it making an anoying humming sound?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 PM

QUOTE (blkattack00)
I paid $140 for the first two tires total (install/mounting) and their giving me back 100. So I lost $40.

Sorry Kit, I'm from southern Indiana, Evansville! lol nice try tho!

SHUCKS! 02.gif i always wanted an RD chick *Tears*

and btw if u want good tires i have an older set of mine, ill give u them for free, its the backtires ive colected over the years they are in better shape then most, they retail for about 175$ per one, they are sweet Yokahoma's 205/45/15 (i also have 215/45/15 or 205/40/15 (but those are in abit less good shape)
Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 PM

We do have a sears here but they dont do anything with cars except rentals...I think

The guy at "Reis" said ball bearing? So I don't know, but there's always been a humming noise whenever I start my car up...since the day I got it.....oh great....So that's what that was???....As many guys that have ridden in my car, none have said anything about that. I'm beginning to think their frauds haha. And hey, they're the ones that said they're bad with imports, correction bad with (hyundai's).
Old 02-23-2005, 09:47 PM

The humming I am refering to is only when driving / moving (which is usually an indication of a bad wheel bearing). I dont think this is the same thing if it happens when starting the car.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

if the guy at Reis called something a "ball bearing," then he's a moron. there are ball joints. and wheel bearings. but ball bearings?

also, in your first post, you said that he didn't adjust anything on the axle. that makes no sense. alignment angles are adjusted on the tie rods for toe and on the struts for caster/camber.

i really think Reis were tryin to screw you over... but thats my opinion. get a second opinion... and bring someone along, and make sure the mechanic shows you exactly whats wrong instead of just saying it. any reputable company will let the customer into the shop to show you what exactly the problem is
Old 02-23-2005, 10:37 PM

If its humming at idle then its engine related. I would take it to a different shop all together, and get a refund from them. Take it to Sears for the front end check, and if you want, pay them to do it. They usually are pretty good there.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:50 AM

i have 196/60/15 doesnt rub handles great and actually better then my 50 kumho. plus i like the way the car sits off the ground now. Makes it look meaner. IMO.