Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   ohh geez what next? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/ohh-geez-what-next-26710/)

blkattack00 02-23-2005 04:30 PM

ohh geez what next?

Ok so much has gone wrong with my tib in the past few weeks I think I'm going to cry. Not really but it sucks. OK here in Indiana noone respects other peoples car so naturally I made an enemy one night and he slit my front two tires to get me back. Yay go me! (ger!) So I took my car to a highly recomended place to buy two new tires and have them put on. I went about a week and my car starts to pull horribly to the left, like to the point where I cant take my hand off the wheel for a second. Well I knew I needed to have my oil filter changed so I made an appointment somewhere else and was going to have them front align my car and do the oil/filter/lube. Well I show up to pick up my car and the dude there gives me this huge lecture about how I should take more car of my car. Needless to say they didn't do anything with my axles. They said that my front left ball bearing was bent or crooked or something like that and my front two tires were the wrong size and my back to tires were to balled. They said it was worthless to try and fix something that was going to be a bigger hassle in the future. Nothing, I repeat nothing was said to me about the tires being the wrong size when I bought the car, and to add my car never drove crooked or pulled left or right at all. "Reis tires", the place that put the wrong tires on there the first time said the ball bearing thing wasn't their fault and neither was the axle getting thrown off. My question is would having the wrong tires put on my car cause the ball bearing and axles to be messed up? They said they'd more than happily put the correct 4 new tires on there for $140 a tire + labor and that they'd pay me back for the two wrong tires. Should I push the case about them messing up the ball bearing/ axle or not? Would it even be worth the fight?

hamhead 02-23-2005 04:47 PM

Don't see the tires being able to throw off the axle and everything else unless everything was really screwed. If it was fine before, I doubt the wrong tires through it completely off in a few days. What size tires did they put on there that were wrong?

Either way dude, why are you letting them rape you in the ass for $140 a tire and then more labor. Are you rebuying the crappy stock ones or something? Get a cheaper aftermarket tire or something thats more grippy... You can probably get some BFGoodrich or Kumhos for $70 a tire.

I never trust a mechanic with my car. If something goes wrong, I do it myself. I mean c'mon, anyone can do their own oil/filter/flushes/etc.

blkattack00 02-23-2005 06:16 PM

I'm a chick not a dude thanks lol. I don't have the equiptment to do all my oil/filter/flushes and I don't know how or anything about doing that, I live in a house with only two women. I'm 17, work 40 hour weeks/weekends, and I'm a full time high school student in like 8 extra-curricular activities.

The tires they put on the front were 205/60/R15.

And yes the 4 new ones were stock I think "World _____ Avengers" was the name I think or something like that. And I already talked to the first store they wont do anything to fix the ball bearing/ alignment.

hamhead 02-23-2005 06:33 PM

Still though, buying a socket set and doing your oil and minor stuff would save you cash in the long run. Changing your oil takes five minutes plus a few minutes to wash up afterwards. tongue.gif

Person who had the car before you put some cheap tires on it sounds like. 205/60/15 isn't a horribly overlarge tire for the stock rim (stock(true stock) is 195/55/15), although I bet it probably rubs on the fender. Tire wasn't the cause of the messed up bearing, alignment, etc. unless maybe the previous owner didn't balance the rim on the tire or something stupid like that or ran on severly underinflated/overinflated tires. Thats out of your hands now in most cases.

'treezy 02-23-2005 06:34 PM

You need a mechanically intelligent boyfriend. So sorry, but I'm taken...wink1.gif
Why do you work so much girl? you got a full load right now. I know how that is though, I'm a senior (17 too) and currently cramming in as many college classes I can to graduate with my AA Degree, 2 jobs, applying for college/grants/scholarships/aid, working on my own car problems, and more.

About your problems, don't ever go to those shops again. DON'T pay 140 for a tire PLUS installation, go to Big O' Tires or something (unless they're b****es there too where you live). I'm getting new tires/rims installed, balanced, and aligned for 90 a tire including labor at my local Big O' Tires.

They gave you 60 series tires...?

I don't know the exact terms and conditions of the warranty of that shop or what exactly happened but I would suggest pursuing reimbursement for the tires. You really have no proof the bearings/axles was their fault unfortunetely (although bearings do occasionally go out, maybe yours were just due). If you can't find a cheaper shop try telling them you found a quote at another shop for cheaper (and if they ask for proof...tell em' to go **** themselves and report them to the BBB).
Good luck,
-Patrick

blkattack00 02-23-2005 06:44 PM

thanks guys, I'll keep ya posted on what all happens. wink1.gif

Kit-Fox 02-23-2005 06:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>You need a mechanically intelligent boyfriend. So sorry, but I'm taken...wink1.gif</div>

***EDITED BY ADMIN***
***Comment Removed

Is it on warrenty? Squeeze out the most that you can out of them, then go to www.tires.com if its the one thats up around here tell them Mike with the Red 2000 Tiburon and Yokahoma Tires sent you. Youl get like a 100$ discount.

KayJai 02-23-2005 07:14 PM

THis is like a gripe, almost moved it there after I read the first post
But seriously, on 15's that are correct are 195/55R15 or 205/50R15's
The 60 series tires are too tall. Mind you, it shouldn't pull, even with those tires.

Is it balanced correctly?
When was the last time you had an alignment?
Hit any curbs lately?

Tibs have issues with FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS, get a real mechanic to check it out. You really need to find a friend who knows a TRUSTED mechanic. I don't know how mechanically sound your car is, but I'm not too sure by what you mean by "axle getting thrown off"? confused.gif

CyberShark 02-23-2005 07:23 PM

hang in there man..there are few things as frustrating as car problems but everything will work itself out..smile.gif

01tibby 02-23-2005 08:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blkattack00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm a chick not a dude thanks lol.</div>

wink1.gif

have any guy friends that would lend you a hand?