Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Nex Coilovers

Old 08-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK heres the deal, i found a set of Nex coilovers on ebay. They say 97-05 Tiburon, but if they fit the 03 Tib, they fit the 02 Elantra. and the price is great! my problem is what kind of quality are these? i think Streetcreeper has them.... anyone else?

Nex coilovers go for $660 shipped on ebay.

DESCRIPTION

You are looking at one of the finest made coilover kits available. The NEX Type SS kit has all the features of a racing coilover without the harsh ride and cost. The NEX Type SS is designed to allow the vehicle to be lowered without affecting shock stroke or spring preload. This is done by seperating the spring preload adjustment from the ride height adjustment. As a result of this unique design, the ride quality is not affected by ride height! This is only found on a few kits! Adjustment range is from 1.5"-3.5".

WHAT YOU GET

4 Shocks
4 Springs
4 Upper mounts
4 Forged lower mounts
4 Dust boots
2 Spanner wrenches
Brakeline holder
1 YEAR WARRANTY

TECH SPECS

Spring rate : Front 8kg
Spring rate : Rear 6kg

so since my struts are shot is this worth it? i mean im looking at $500+ for eibach springs and KYB struts. might as well get coilovers and have the adjustability factor. i need to take care of this before i do the turbo, its getting bad.

what do you guys think?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

from wha ti recall
one member here posted a pic of his NEX coilover and they didn't have the pillow mount top plates he had to reuse the stock rubber upper mounts

search a bit, he had detailled pics

edit here's a link

NEX link on RDT

btw from what i found here, height is adjustable, but dampening isn't.. might be better with K-sports?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:57 PM

dude are you serious? lol i thought you knew i had these already. any way they are good in my opinon, the only downfall is that you cand adjust the dampening, and you have to sorta add washers to make them work. if you have any other questions, call me im going to message you my number
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Aug 18 2007, 09:54 PM)
from wha ti recall
one member here posted a pic of his NEX coilover and they didn't have the pillow mount top plates he had to reuse the stock rubber upper mounts

search a bit, he had detailled pics

edit here's a link

NEX link on RDT

btw from what i found here, height is adjustable, but dampening isn't.. might be better with K-sports?

Thanks for the link..... i see now that im probably better off with a set of KYB Tib struts and a set of springs, my only problem is finding a spring thats low enough for my liking. i like the drop i have now, and the one springtechs give, but i wanna be slightly higher. just not as high as H&R's. now im completely clueless. no way im spending $900 on Ksports, then i'll never finish my turbo project.

QUOTE (rollwitstyle @ Aug 18 2007, 10:57 PM)
dude are you serious? lol i thought you knew i had these already. any way they are good in my opinon, the only downfall is that you cand adjust the dampening, and you have to sorta add washers to make them work. if you have any other questions, call me im going to message you my number

Danny, i had no idea you had these. you goin to bald hill this tuesday? maybe i'll wait to see them first. any complaints? how long you had them in? take me for a ride tuesday so i can see how they are.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 AM

I think im working this Tuesday, but next Tuesday ill probably be there
Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 PM

boooooooooooooooooooooooo

i guess i'll wait till next tuesday.

im buying Tib KYB struts and B&G springs... i dont want the hassle with these coilovers
Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 PM

I have them and love them!!! very nice in the turns
Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Your who i found out about them from. i saw them on ebay, then saw your thread on CrookedH and was like hmmmmmmmmmm.

but every elantra person i talked to said no!

so i ordered KYB GR-2 '03 Tiburon gas struts and H&R springs. which means i wont be as low as i am now. i love and hate how low i am. when im parked everyones like damn dude your slammed..... when i drive im like OW OW OW OW every bump hurts! thanks for all the info everyone. Dan, its raining today, so no bald hill, hopefully see you next week!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM

yep just found out i have off so ill be there next tuesday
Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 AM

cool, we should have a big crew that week