Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

My New Bbk From Willwood

Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Vladimer
Thanks bro fing02.gif

Well guys i have some intresting news about my rear brakes.......... How you can guys can help out....
First of all as i mentioned above the car locks BIGTIME in the rears and the only way to fix this problem to install a proportioning valve to adjust this..The problem is the Kit that i have only came with one valve and need two of them installed for the rears.
Reason being is because the Tiburon setup has two lines coming out of the Master Cylinder one line controls the Rear Driver side and the other the Front passenger Wheel.
Basically a Chris Cross position and then the other line out of the MC running the passenger Rear wheel and Driver Front wheel...
If it was a setup where one controls the two front wheels and the other line controls the two Rear wheels then YES ONLY one Valve is needed for the adjustment..
My machanic was thinking you defently need two valves because of the Chris cross postion..
Then adjust then it from there on the two valves
We though you spliting the lines but that wouldnt be safe just in case one fails while driving
Any input would help fing02.gif
Old 04-19-2006, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

2 contours brakes is a must.

maybe there are proportion valves that can contron 2 lines?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, you can see in this image which line coming out of the MC is for which corner in the proportioning valve...

so you will need to install the aftermarket pro. valve(s) AFTER the stock one. do not even worry about the 2 lines running from MC to stock pro. valve. you have a couple options as far as that goes:

1. get another pro. valve, just like the one supplied in the kit. give each rear brake line its own valve after the stock pro. valve. probably the easiest, and should cost around 50 bucks.

2. try to find a pro. valve that is double inlet/outlet. good luck, i couldnt. thats from summit, wilwood, pitstopusa, and some others.

3. get 2 of something like this, so that you can connect the two brake lines into one right befor the pro. valve and split them right after. i really dont know how well it would work though:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

on that you would have to get the correct type of fitting though. for example, a wilwood pro valve uses 1/8-27npt hookups, and that is a -3an. so you would have to get a bunch more fittings to convert it so that it will hookup to the pro. valve, and to the brake lines.

or you could get a whole new master cylinder and completely re-design the brake fluid control system. dont think you want to do that though. wink1.gif
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM

Ya i got Precison brakes sending me another valve and fittings at no charge which is cool.
I should get them by th eend of next week and hopefully the week after hav eit installed and ready to go.
So basically your saying hook up each prop valve to the actual SS brake line instead of in the engine bay below the MC
Thats what my guy wanted to do?

Thanks for the input Tibby01 smile.gif
Old 04-19-2006, 10:20 PM

where can i get more info on these brakes and pricing..like where would i buy it
Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Very nice man!

When is your car comming out from the shop?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:25 PM

you dont hook the pro. valves to the ss brake lines. the ss brake lines are the flexible parts that run from the "hard" brake in each corner to the calipers. you need flexible brake lines to allow for suspension travel, the rest of the lines are solid tubes running around the chassis and to the stock pro. valve.

if it were me, i would install the two aftermarket pro. valves in the area underneath like where the intake manifold is. you can see the 3 hard brake lines running under there. ideally, you would want the levers/knobs on the pro valves to be adjustable from inside the car, but that would be tough. i havent checked underneath the car to see if there is a good place to mount pro valves so that you can cut a hole somewhere and get the knobs or valves in the cabin.

also remember, you will need to either rent or buy a brake line flaring tool so that you can flare the line on both ends after you cut it. the fittings you get with the pro valve are for double flared lines, and after you cut the line, you have no flare lol. something like this:

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p22258775-k24...over?sourceid=3

good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:27 PM

I will check with my guy to see whats the best way.
Wouldnt it be better to install the prop valve on each rear caliper and mount it there?
Im thinking you CANT install the two prop valves out of each line coming out of the master cylinder because then it will affect the front brakes.The key is to install them at the rear to control the rears BUT HOW?
This is confusing sad.gif
Old 04-21-2006, 06:18 AM

you dont install them after the master cylinder. look at the picture i posted above. that is the stock proportioning valve. you are going to install the two aftermarket pro. valves after the proportioning valve, which is after the master cylinder in the flow of brake fluid.

the inlet/outlet for the proportioning valve does not match up with the fittings for the flex brake lines.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Thanks Tibby
Will do smile.gif