Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Lowering springs

Old 09-07-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Winter Floor Mats

I have a set of Eibach springs for a 2000 elantra (came like that usd). thing is, i don't know if the shocks are replaced too. so i don't know if they are just coilovers or the complete lowering kit. how can i tell the difference?

the elantra does bounce around quite a bit. i take it the suspension is quite soft. the suspension is incredibly tough because it's been through a lot.

is it possible to swap the 2000 elantra lowered eibach suspension with my 1997 tib suspension (with 205,40,17' rim) and if so, would the wheel/tire rub aganst my mud arch if i ran over something?

i don't think it's a good idea because in maryland there are lots of bumps, speed bumps, and pot holes, snow int he winter. but i'm not decided yet. just curious.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Running Subs

Well if you say you bought it with EiBach springs then on that side that is probably what you have lol.gif . I dont beleive EiBach even makes coilovers for us. As far as the struts go. Just take off one wheel and look at the strut. It should have a brand name on it if it was replaced. The full Eibach springs and struts package will not make your tib on 205/40/17's rub. That is the right size! Look at my Tib @ http://members.cardomain.com/ultratibby . It has the springs and struts on it (EiBach) and I like in MD and it doesn;t bottom out or anything.

You will need to check with EiBach to see if they are interchangable but since the springs are most likley the same ones I have if you take off a wheel and look at the spring it will have a part number. If you can post that up I will check it against mine.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:34 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

Just a suggestion, change the struts too. DRASTIC increase in ride quality.

Also, if you change the ride height and leave in old shocks/struts you put more stress on them because they are used to a certain area of play. You are now going to mess with that by taking it out of it's "comfort" zone.

As for the springs I agree with Ultra, post the part number see if they match.