Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wheels...ebay...help!

Old 09-08-2004, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Question

Hey everyone, I sold some wheels on ebay and the guy demands a refund saying that he changed his mind. He says that if I dont give him back his refund, he'll leave a neg. comment and contact his credit card company to do a charge back. He sent the payment to me through paypal. I have all the receipts and confirmation numbers for the wheels. I would give him a refund, but the problem is, i dont have the money. I already spent it, and I'm a poor college student trying to get by. Can he really contact his credit card company to get a 'charge back' when he paid for it through e-bay, and even though i have all the evidence that it was correctly shipped and received? what can i do?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Everyone with a header come in here !

did he receive the rims? He has.. he has to ship them back to you before he can get a refund
Old 09-08-2004, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Beta 1 Superchargers?

I'd say he can't. I think you both have to agree on the return if it's off ebay. I say screw him/her and tell them not to buy stuff they might not like off of ebay!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Wheels...ebay...help!

I wouldn't worry all that much about the negative feedback......

I would be worried about WHY he wants a refund.....

I would ONLY refund his payment once the wheels are back in MY posession. (less shipping, HE changed his mind, so he should pay for sending them back to you)

He can call his CC co. about it and ask for a charge back........BUT EBAY AND PAYPAL both will want to see that he returned the wheels to you also.

AND that he had a LEGITAMITE REASON to do so.
Changing his mind AFTER he received them is NOT a legit reason. If he had ANY DOUBTS AT ALL.....he should not have paid for them.

I would contact paypal immeditately and give them the details, and see what they say.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Pedals

thanks for the advice everyone.

i e-mailed paypal and let them know the situation. hopefully everything will work out...

i remember a post that black tibs made about some shady stuff before, and kayjai posted this:

Sellers who accept credit cards, either with PayPal or a merchant account, may at times experience a chargeback. A buyer may file a chargeback when the buyer claims the item did not arrive, the item arrived not as described, or the credit card was used without the buyer's authorization. Be assured, PayPal works hard to protect you against unfounded chargebacks. Here's what you should know:

You have rights:
You have the right to protest a chargeback.

If your transaction qualifies for PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, PayPal will absorb the chargeback at no cost to you.

Even if your transaction does not qualify for Seller Protection, if you provide correct supporting documentation, PayPal will fight any chargeback over $30.00 USD on your behalf.
PayPal's experienced chargeback team fights for you:
PayPal's dedicated chargeback team has more than 160 years of experience, combined.

Loss rates due to fraud are 60-70% lower with PayPal than with other merchant accounts.
Stay safe with PayPal's fraud prevention:
PayPal's world-class fraud prevention tools help keep fraudulent buyers out of the PayPal network, stopping them before they get to you.

im hoping this works...
Old 09-08-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Rear Rotor

Keep us posted. If things start to go bad, just let us know. We'll be happy to break his thumbs for ya.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Rear Rotor

on your auction you should have put "ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS, ITEMS SHIP AS IS IN CURRENT CONDITION. 100% ALL RETURNS MUST BE APPROVED BY ME. BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS"

This way that kind of b.s. cant happen. He got the rims, they were as described. There's no "Changing your mind" you could have sold them to somebody else and it would have been over , but this dick desides to take over the auction, then "CHANGE HIS MIND" . FVCK THAT MAN!!

YOU ALREADY SPENT THE MONEY, HOW THEY GONNA TAKE IT FROM YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?! They dont got shit.