Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

LoWeRiNg

Old 01-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u wanna go for 18's ud have to get like 185/15/18, thats like probably the best specs you could get if u actualy wanted to drive normaly, maybe go for 175/10/18 for even better, lol, i actualy wanna get realy realy low profile tires, like 205/15/15 or 205/10/16
Old 01-19-2005, 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Tibbiette)
he hasn't stated whether he wanted an opinion on if he should buy 18's or not, hes asking about lowering so i dont know why you keep giving him information that hes not asking such as 16's are best for looks and drivability and telling him 18's arent good at all.. try to stay on topic of his question.

injected., i know someone with a second gen who lowered their car on springs over 2 inches and has 18s and it was drivable, rubbing sometimes if he turns hard but it was still driveable...just gotta be careful on turns

Because tool, when he has to replace his rims every few weeks I dont want to here him complain about it. Now all we have to say is I told you so and the thread is done. (Edit, Not that we would, just trying to make a point)

If you are going to go with the 18's and lowered just make sure you have a shop around you that can roll your fenders. Not saying that this will have to be done but just in case you cant turn your wheel and hit a bump without rubbing you will know there is a shop around you that can do it.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:16 PM

I had a friend that had 18's on his Tib a while back and he complained about them all the time..how they slowed his car down, how the tires rubbed on the fender and he eventually sold them. I'm not saying this will happen to you or that you will react the same way he did...just sharing with you another's experince.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

18s on a Tibby + lowering = strictly show car. You might get away with one or the other... but unless you want to feel every piece of gravel in the road you run over and lose a lot of power in an already sluggish car, I wouldn't recommend them. If your going to be running Motegis or Konigs or a similar brand, I wouldn't recommend 18s period, especially the older Motegis like the MR7s. Notorious for getting bent and cracking easily.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Tibbiette)
he hasn't stated whether he wanted an opinion on if he should buy 18's or not, hes asking about lowering so i dont know why you keep giving him information that hes not asking such as 16's are best for looks and drivability and telling him 18's arent good at all.. try to stay on topic of his question.

tool.gif

As it states in our forum rules, if you post, expect opinions. I don't belive he asked for your help either.

The fact is, we get a lot of folks coming in here wanting...

Yo, I just saw Pimp My Ryde, where can I get dub spinnaz that fit my shiz yo?

Or...

I want to put a turbo kit and nawwwz on my Tiby tib tib, what are the heaviest chrome 19's I can fly wit?

The other fact is that WE try to steer new folks away from HEAVY non performance oriented rims.

Does he have to listen?

No.

Will we support and help him when he comes in with broken parts and worn out bearings?

Yup.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:16 PM

REDZ is right... we are like parents to teenagers here.. we try and steer you guys towards the right mods.. but we cannot tell you what to do. But, we will always be here when you decide that maybe we know something and you can learn.

There is a chance you can get 18s and a lowering job to work.. but you are going to have to do some serious homework. Coil overs are a MUST (or bag it) because you will need the adjustability to find the best compromise between ride, lowering, and rubbing. You are also going to have to do some measuring, not only of the space you have in your fenders, but the width of your wheel. Just because a tire says it is a 205/35/18 does not mean it is the same width as every tire that size. Yokohama tyres are often a little narrow for their indicated width... or at least they used to be.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

I am on 18 215-35-18 namkang tires with a +42 offset i have been on these for 2 years never had a problem i am on air ride thow but before the air i had apex lowering springs 2" and still had no problem rubbing. So you should not have any problems if you do it right. Make sure you get the right offset on the rim.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
if u wanna go for 18's ud have to get like 185/15/18, thats like probably the best specs you could get if u actualy wanted to drive normaly, maybe go for 175/10/18 for even better, lol, i actualy wanna get realy realy low profile tires, like 205/15/15 or 205/10/16

DUDE,
What kinda math did you take?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:32 PM

Smoked Math maybe? rolleyes.gif
Old 01-20-2005, 02:07 PM

Yo injected, Umm Well 18's + lowering + New brunswick. Come on man, that's just a bad idea look at the roads we drive on. I highly don't suggest it ... but to each is there own.