Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I Need A Measurement From A Volunteer....

Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I need a favor, the reason I cannot take this measurement is because my car is is basically a frame right now LOL.

Requirements:
Must have aftermarket suspension, please let me know the drop you have tho.
Must have 7" Wide tires
Must not have a camber kit installed.
Must have an offest wheel from 38-to 45mm roughly
Must not have any wheel spacers installed
Must not have aftermarket fenders unless they are OEM fit.
Measurement must be made with the wheels STRAIGHT, not turned at all. (0 degrees)

Here is the measurement I need in millimeters preferred.

If standing right over the right or left hand side of the front fender(doesn't matter which side this measurement comes from), I need to know how deep the tire is tucked inside the fender well taken from the outside of the fender lip.

Basically I need the depth of how far the wheel sits inside the fender.

Take a tape measure or a depth vernier and place one end on the top of the sidewall of your tire, than from the top read where the outside of the fender lies.

Heres a dumb little drawing, if someone understands what I'm asking, please take a quick measurement for me if you meet the criteria smile.gif

Requirement changed to any aftermarket suspension, but just tell me how far your dropped when you give me the measurement.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

not sure if this is what you're looking for, but...

i'm lowered with coilovers. not sure how much, slightly lower in the front just because i ran out of time when doing it and couldn't get to the backs. i'd say 2 inches rear, 2.5 front. i also have crucial neg camber(like -3 degrees) in the back, as you can see, so bear that in mind. my tires never wore funny so i never changed it. i tried to take this picture from as straight down as possible, it should be pretty accurate.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:51 PM

Thanks man.

Its exactly what I was looking for, when you get more time, can you take an accurate measurement in millimeters?

Your info right now helps a lot.

I need 1-2 more guys to take this exact measurement so I can compare and see if we are all in the same ball park.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM

No one here can take 5 minutes out of their day and do the same measurement for me.... sad.gif

I need 2 more people to take this measurement please.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i didn't even realize you wanted them for the front. my measurements are actually for the rear. i'll get another set soon.