Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

H&r Coil Over Issues

Old 05-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently installed H&R coil overs and I love everything about them except the fact that the front passenger side now makes a clunking noise when going over bumps. All the other struts make no noise. I am curious as to what is causing this issue as I can not get it to make any noise when in the garage. I have yet to get a allignment since installing the coil overs but when driving the car tracks straight.

Any help would be great.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

My car has made the same sound for a while now and I can't pin point it either. I did find a way to fix it though. Locate the round knob in the center console and turn it all the way to the right
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

I also recently installed H&R coilovers.
On the strut itself, close to the top of the mount you need you place a washer (sp?) that comes in the package. Otherwise, there is a gap between the top mount and the shock, that translaves to that annoying noice you were refering to.

If i'm not mistake, it sits between the strut thereaded upper pin and the plastic cap that compresses the springs... i hope I remember it right...

Same goes for the rear, but you take this washer( aka little pacer thingy) from your old struts.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM

I know what you mean with the washers needed......pretty sure I put them on but I will double check tonight if i can.

thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM

yep, throw a washer on there, its the same with the nex coilovers
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Same on B&Gs, dont feel bad guys wink1.gif