Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Help! Who Has Completed The 5-lug Conversion?

Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I keep hearing about this and I did some searching, however all I came up with is a bunch of dead end posts about people that are gonna do it and they never completed it. I would really like to use my Motegi Trak_lite 17x7-inch wheels because they are 1-piece forged for Hulk like strength and super lighitweight (14 lbs.). I was going to sell them, however if I can make my Tibby 5-lug (5x114.3 / 5x4.5) then I can keep them like I have for the past year for a future project and use them on my tibby in the mean time.

So can it be done?

What parts are needed? (Can I get a complete parts list)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Mate, a guy I know has a GK tib, when he parked beside me I had a look at his brake setup through his rims and I must say it looked very similar, if you can find a Beta GK even better. The Beta will have to have the same hub to accomodate the CV shafts. Go to a junkyard and see if you can find a GK and take a good look at its assembly and see if it's as close I think it is. This is best idea I can come up with.

Although, I very much doubt it will be bolt-on or easy to customise.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I've been trying soooooooooo hard to make this happen for you guys. The problem is getting time to work on it, and getting money to pay others to make it happen. I know we could basically swap out the RD front hub with the GK if we could find a bearing with the same OD as the RD knuckle, and the same ID as the GK hub.

Or you could have each RD hub drilled to have 5 lugs, but I swear that just sounds impossible to get a quality part that wont fail on you and end up killing you in an accident where the Hub breaks apart when traveling at high speeds. There's a lot of energy down there rotating, so to have anything brake would spell disaster.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:07 PM

Yeah, I decided that I'll just sell my wheels and order the correct bolt pattern.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

ya man,.. noone that i know of has actually done the complete 5lug swap on this site.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i'm doing what i can to find out how to do the 5 lug conversion. kdmguy's friend did it on the widebody rd.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

front hubs can be redrilled to a 5 bolts patern SAFELY,there's plenty of meat
rear hub, i'd use the GK hubs
for the rotors
front one either drill them to 5 bolts or use GK rotors
rear one either redrill them to 5 bolts or use GK parts again

a machine shop should do the redrilling process,it's not something to do on your old pressdrill..
Old 04-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Dennist, Maybe you should come up with a 5 bolt conversion kit, get a couple done up and then do it like you are the throttle bodies, with the cores.. Something i would be willing to pay money for..
Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

it could seriously be done,
but i'm still on the idea that stock GK hubs can be used straight wich should cost that much fro ma local junkyard..
i'll try to get a look at them soon ;-)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I've been looking into this lately, so i contacted rotorpros since we have a GB going on with them.

here is my email to them and the reply:

I would like to to a 4 to 5-lug conversion on my 2001 hyundai tiburon so I can buy the new (this is my secret nana.gif )wheels. you have a group buy going on right now at www.rdtiburon.com and if so there is alot of guys over there that want to do the swap also. I hope for your sake that you can get it done cause it would definitely be at least ten orders i can think of just from this one forum site. thank you for your time.

response:

So you need the 4 lug pattern converted to a 5 lug pattern for the stock 2001 Tib rotors?? We can do that. What is the exact bolt pattern you need?? Send it to us in inches. Always use this email to respond. Thanks Rich C.

hope this answers your question and i hope Daniel you haven't sold these rims,lol.