Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

handling overhaul

Old 02-15-2005, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default handling overhaul

well guys im sick of the crappy handling of the tib, i mean compared to other stock cars its good, but not good enough.....anyone got any ideas as to how to increase its cornering control, by a lot.....as of now i lean a LOT in corners and i hate it. if i cant find a way to do it for around $2000, then im thinking about selling the tib....it just pisses me off that much 02.gif. im thinking coilover and strut bars as the first step. but i need other opinions... smile.gif
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 PM

Yeah I was gonna say, invest in a GOOD coilover set, then get all three strut bars (front, center, and rear), and get some good grippy tires. Also this wont really help handling, but get some racing seats so that way you're held in there and you dont slide around so much when cornering.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:56 PM

who makes a good coil over set for our cars? and i should probably do the brake pads while im at it shouldnt i....?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM

Im wondering about the coilovers too, cause Im looking to get some soon. Havent done much research on them yet. But yeah I would also do the brake pads and get some slotted rotors too. They made a difference for me when I had em.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Definitely a complete set of strut bars... front, center, rear... and a rear anti-sway bar. Better springs/shocks too... that would set you back $1k or so and would definitely do wonders.

EDIT: If you sold your Tib what would you get? Only other FWD car I've driven that handles better than a Tib is an Integra Type R... and thats probably the LSD that makes the diff.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Yea man its kinda hard to hear someone knock the Tib for its handling. Compaired to most other cars priced in the same ballpark, the TIb handles very well.

But, if you want better, theres nothing wrong with that. And I too would be interested in a good set of coilover, any suggestions?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Are you kidding me man? You are complaining that much about the handling and HAVEN"T done anything to it???

Doode, you won the raffle, didn't you buy a strut bar at least?

I may have a spare Front Strut Bar to sell you soon, but buddy, put all 3 bars on real quick, that's under $250 for some of the BEST improvement you'll see.

As for coilovers, there's a NICE HR set for sale right now in the FOR SALE forums, you'd have a AWESOME handling car for under $1500.

Go get em tiger.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

are you kidding? tibs have GREAT handling compared to most stock cars. have you ever tried to control another car going over 100mph? in most cars the wheels shake violently at that speed, and many of us have had the tib to 130 and she's still smooth--all stock.
didn't Porsche design our suspension?
..anyways, strut bars and coilovers will make a big difference.
now, if your talking about ride quality (like bumps and stuff) i will agree the tib is horrible.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:29 AM

There's plenty of stuff out there that will improve your handling/ cornering...front and rear strut bars, struts and lowering springs/ coilovers, a good set of tires,larger sway bars
Old 02-16-2005, 05:05 AM

redz, the strut STILL isnt here but importshark said the company is sending me a new one cuz the old one probably got lost in the mail or went the wrong address..... 02.gif and by bad handling i mean all the leaning our cars do in the corners....now of course the only other thing ive done a corning course in is a wrx, but still. i was going to look for a 1995 nissan 240sx but their just to damn rare on the east coast. i just started my first job so ill actually have money to put into the tib now. im thinking exhuast and strut bars bought first. then going from there. and yes i do know we have good corning for our class however, i want it better... smile.gif.